Sports Physiotherapy Intern
Anantapur Sports Academy is looking for a Sports Physiotherapy Intern to work with our coaches and youth athletes, in a variety of sporting disciplines including cricket, football, field hockey, tennis, judo and softball. The successful candidate should be passionate about working with young athletes.
- To examine previously conducted assessments and/or screenings of athletes, and conduct further assessments as required.
- To diagnose injuries as well as design and deliver rehabilitation programs for athletes appropriate to their injury and sport.
- Design and deliver appropriate injury prevention/ prehab programs for athletes specific to their sport.
- To attend training sessions as appropriate, matches and competitions and provide on-site physio support.
- Work closely with the Head Coaches of respective sports and on-site full-time physiotherapist to ensure athletes are kept injury free, injured athletes are ably supported in their rehab, recommend future course of action for injured athletes and setup systems to support programs in the future.
About Anantapur Sports Academy:
Anantapur Sports Academy (ASA) was started in 2000 by Rural Development Trust (RDT), a non-governmental organization (NGO), based out of Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. RDT believes that youth participation in sports is very much necessary for the growth, self-esteem and confidence of rural children and through ASA, it has been undertaking suitable initiatives to promote and establish a sporting culture among the rural youth and support the ambitious talent to succeed at higher levels.
During 2015/16, through ASA program, nearly 10,000 children participated in eight sports namely Cricket, Hockey, Football, Judo, Tennis, Softball, Archery and Special Olympics spread across the district of Anantapur.
Learn more on www.anantapursportsacademy.in
About Rural Development Trust (RDT)
RDT is an NGO founded by Vincent Ferrer and Anne Ferrer in 1969 in Ananthapuram, Andhra Pradesh. RDT has been undertaking various need-based welfare and integrated programs of development to improve quality of life of rural poor, especially marginalized and underprivileged sections in Telugu speaking states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
The organization’s interventions include major sectors such as education, women empowerment, community health including HIV/AIDS, hospitals, community based rehabilitation, ecology, cultural and sports covering 3,244 villages in 6 districts of both states.
Learn more on www.vicenteferrer.org
How to Apply:
Submit a copy of your resume alongside a covering letter which clearly outlines how your skills and experiences match the requirements set out above via the provided link.
Please also see attached a supporting document with the full job description.