Social Media Specialist
With a digital reach in excess of 380 million and a rapidly growing fan-following across social media channels, the European Handball Federation’s innovative approach to digital is helping to bring the sport to an ever-increasing number of people around the globe.
To enable us to further grow and develop our social media presence, the EHF is now looking for an experienced Social Media Specialist to join the EHF Media and Communications team based out of the EHF Office in Vienna, Austria.
Your task will be to manage the EHF’s social media channels on a daily basis, engage with the sport’s digital community, create great content and also help to develop digital campaigns for sponsors and partners.
You will also contribute to the development of long-term strategies to enable us to grow our digital channels and reach.
Our approach is to go where the fans are and we engage with fans across a range of social media channels including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Snapchat.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced content creator and social media expert, with the ability to communicate directly with fans and will also bring a creative flair to the federation’s social media activities.
The position will entail some weekend and evening work as well as travelling to major EHF events including EHF FINAL4 events and the EHF EURO to work as part of the EHF’s media team.
About the EHF:
The EHF is the umbrella organisation for handball in Europe and has 50 member federations. Its tasks including the organisation and management of high-profile handball competitions including the VELUX EHF Champions League, Women’s EHF Champions League and the EHF EURO events. The federation’s diverse range of responsibilities also includes managing player transfers, development and education programmes as well as the promotion of additional forms of the game including beach handball and wheelchair handball. More information at: eurohandball.com.
- Creation of content for social media channels (incl. text, graphics and video clips), working on own initiative and with external content providers
- Communicating and engaging with the digital community
- Planning and scheduling of content to maximise impact and reach
- Maintenance and analysis of social media metrics to ensure continual optimisation
- Assisting with the development of digital campaigns for sponsors and partners
- Contribute to the development of a long-term social media strategy to grow digital reach
- Dealing with crisis communications across social media channels
- Creation and development of fan newsletters
- Live blogging at major events
- Additional tasks as required within the EHF Media & Communications Department
- Previous experience as a social media or community manager
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with all major social media platforms
- Fluent written and spoken English – with an ability to use the right words at the time, understanding which tone of voice to use and how to use humour in posts. Fluency in German would also be an advantage
- Experience and flair for video editing
- Excellent Photoshop skills
- Creative and prepared to try out new ideas/develop new formats for channels
- Passion for sport essential; knowledge of handball and the EHF’s top competitions also an advantage