Regional Marketing Executive
The FIA Formula E Championship is the world’s first fully-electric single-seater racing series, competing on the streets against the backdrop of some of the most iconic cities - including Hong Kong, Marrakesh, Buenos Aires, Monaco, Paris, New York and Montreal. The championship represents a vision for the future of the motor industry, serving as a platform to showcase the latest innovations in electric vehicle technology and alternative energy solutions. Future seasons will see the regulations open up further allowing manufacturers to focus on the development of motor and battery components, which in turn will filter down to everyday contemporary electric road vehicles.
The 2016/17 FIA Formula E Championship sees 10 teams and 20 drivers go wheel-to-wheel in 10 cities spanning five continents in the fight to be crowned Formula E champion. The inaugural season of Formula E sparked into life in September 2014 around the grounds of the Olympic Park in Beijing. The third season of the electric street racing series got underway on October 9 in Hong Kong, with the season finale double-header in Montreal on July 29 & 30.
Working at Formula E
At Formula E we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and whilst we are passionate about delivery we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
The Junior Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for assisting with the execution of local race marketing campaigns. Supporting the Senior Marketing Manager, they will work globally across all markets to deliver against brand awareness, positioning and fan acquisition goals. Working closely with local teams, they will help facilitate the adaptation of global marketing strategy and brand guidelines to deliver optimised local campaigns which utilise the full media mix. These campaigns will have a primary focus on ticket sales with further goals around customer registrations, brand and overall race awareness. The successful candidate will also be responsible for preparing departmental reports and collating competitor analysis.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of local race marketing campaigns
- Assist with the management of local marketing activities to ensure global guidelines are adhered to
- Assist with local media planning and buying
- Developing marketing tactics to support ticket sales and fan engagement (i.e. FanBoost votes, app downloads and merchandise sales)
- Assist with the production of creative assets and marketing materials to execute campaign plans including; TV/radio adverts, outdoor, newspaper and magazine advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns and digital assets
- Planning and project management of experiential activations and support events (i.e. show car, roadshows, PR stunts)
- Drafting marketing copy
- Agency management
- Budget management and tracking
- Actively sharing best practice across international race markets
- Departmental reporting and evaluation including digital reporting
- Calendar planning across different functions
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Experience working globally
- Experience evaluating media opportunities
- Up to date with latest marketing innovations
- Proactive self-starter
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent, preferably in a relevant academic discipline
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Google analytics
- Fully computer literate and numerate
- A creative and lateral thinker and energetic team player with a high level of enthusiasm
- Diplomatic and negotiating skills with the ability to work with initiative and maturity
- Being able to work to strict deadlines and within budgets and pressurized environments
- A knowledge of motorsport is not a core requirement but a passion for the customer / fan is
- Fluent in English, other languages advantageous
Please note that due to the number of applications received only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please state your current remuneration package in your application.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.
Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields