|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
Wasserman is a culture-centric agency, serving the best talent, brands and properties in the world.
Founded in 2002 with roots in sports and entertainment, Wasserman has evolved beyond those categories. We are an agency not just of advisors, but creators, developers, influencers and innovators who work across music, arts, entertainment, social, tech, content and beyond.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman also operates in Carlsbad, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, London, Miami, The Netherlands, New York, Portland, Raleigh, São Paulo, Singapore and Toronto.
Our specialties include:
Talent Representation, Brands, Properties, Baseball, Basketball, Broadcast, Coaching, Golf, Soccer, Action Sports & Olympics, Digital Marketing, Sponsorships, Strategy & Planning, Research & Insights, Lifestyle, Multicultural, Social Media, Influencers, and Media Rights.
Wasserman is looking for a Manager with experience and passion for sponsorship marketing and events, as well as further developing the Wasserman brand across the region through excellent client work EMEA business across brands and properties.
This is a unique opportunity to be the day to day contact for major blue chip brand clients, as well play a pivotal role growing the business by working across projects throughout the year.
London is the HQ for Wasserman’s EMEA network, which now encompasses key offices in Dubai, Doha and The Hague along with strategic alliances in major European markets. Reporting to a client hub Director, the Manager will work across our specialties within Wasserman to provide solutions and drive results for our clients.
With a strong understanding of the sports and entertainment event space and sponsorship strategy, this position is a critically important role in replacing an outgoing team member, but also to drive the business to new heights,
The ideal candidate will have a mix of agency and client side experience, working in a sponsorship, with strong account and project management responsibilities.
You should have experience developing sponsorship strategy and overseeing/ implementing activation campaigns for brands, as well as a core strategic skillset. A mix of intellectual, desk-based work with sleeves rolled up attitude will be a winning combination. You will need to demonstrate an experience of strong work output, particularly in client-facing situations e.g. strategy presentations, account & project management, media content production, financial/internal communications, measurement & evaluation.
Finally, you should demonstrate a passion for sports and entertainment content and the role brands/ properties and agencies play in creating and distributing it, as well as how we – Wasserman – continue to Push Possible.
- Takes lead on proactive client communications, in particular status meetings, partner management, project management, and pro-active value-add advisory.
- Present an “always on” and “client first” positioning at all times.
- Manages interagency relationships; works with outside agencies and partners to ensure smooth delivery of all client programs.
- Assists with management of day-to-day contractual elements of the various relationships while also managing expectations of each party.
- Maintains a good working relationship with key stakeholders to ensure all parties receive appropriate attention, support, and ensures Wasserman is in lock-step with the client’s plans as it relates to the growth and changes.
- Management and delivery of reporting of key client programmes with team; responsible for both current content, but evolution with the client needs / KPIs
- Understands the landscape for each client’s business as well as the industry contexts for their investments. Builds cutting edge strategic plans for clients to meet and exceed objectives.
- Uses forward thinking initiative to identify the next best strategic opportunities and continue to deliver top results to the client.
- Excellent administrative file-keeping (Box cloud system) and budget management for ease of rest of team’s awareness and most up-to-date knowledge.
New Business / Projects
- Builds relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- Works with clients to develop concepts, secure buy-in with internal client teams and external partners, work with research & insights and creative services to bring concepts and strategies to life, oversee program execution.
- Assists with new business pitches as arise throughout the year, including contribution to international pitches / RFPs where best practice resides locally.
- Takes a proactive approach to lead generation and property sales – complying with our biweekly new business development commitments and rallying cry.
- Quickly understands Wasserman’s capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to clients and prospects.
- Thinks daily about business development and new revenue opportunities with existing clients and prospective clients.
- Energetic for success to Push Possible every day, often on their own initiative.
The above forms the main areas of responsibility for this role, but it is not exhaustive and it should be noted that duties may change over time, so the need for flexibility is key and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate with reasonable changes as required.
Attributes, skills & qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- 4+ years relevant experience with minimum 2 years of direct experience agency and/or client side.
- Proven experience in account and project management (preferably in the sports or entertainment field).
- Sleeves rolled up attitude, with strong interpersonal skills that can quickly shift to presentation mode.
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel for deck development and budget management.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Passionate and entrepreneurial with a desire to be part of an international agency’s regional office growth to market-leader status.
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Trustworthy, reliable, confident and mature in dealings with clients, people and issues.
- High level of initiative and works well independently and in a team environment.
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively when planning the right strategy, taking into account key client needs and budget parameters.
- Effective contract negotiation skills and familiarity with contractual language.
- Requires self-management, including the ability to assess a situation and quickly implement solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible enough to manage various internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of social media/ content space
WASSERMAN is a full service, culture-centric agency built to serve the best talent, brands and properties in the world. We are united by our passion and belief in the power of culture.