3 days left
- Full Time
The World Curling Federation (WCF) is the International Federation responsible for the organisation of the Olympic Winter Sport of curling. With 54 members spread across the world, the WCF leads the development of curling through a varied programme of international competitions, education and support programmes. The WCF is also responsible for the Paralympic Winter Sport of Wheelchair Curling.
The WCF is a Swiss registered company with its administrative office in Perth, Scotland. This position could be home-based but would require the successful candidate to undertake extensive travel and irregular working hours to support the work of the Federation.
There is one position available. The salary for this full-time position will depend upon the experience of the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a working environment and will have strong written English language skills as well as a good command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Publisher). A qualification in curling coaching or ice making or relevant experience in sports development or events would be an advantage.
The aim of the Post:
The main aim of the post is to provide support and assistance to the Director of Competitions and Development as part of a team of development officers.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Director of Competitions and Development (and through him the WCF Secretary General and the WCF Board) for the delivery of the tasks outlined below they may also be asked to contribute to the general development of the WCF. The final allocation of tasks will be made following the appointment of the team of Development Officers.
- Work as part of the Development team to deliver camps, courses and events as directed by the Director of Competitions and Development
- Visit Member Associations and provide advice and support on development matters
- Contribute to the creation of a database of development ideas and best practice which can be shared with the Member Associations
- Deliver camps and courses required by the Member Associations either by directly organising events or by supporting the development of local events
- Assist in the development of new courses aimed to develop Member Associations both corporately and sportingly
- Assist with the review and redesign of all WCF courses ensuring that WCF Courses are recognised as a guarantee of quality
- Contribute to the administration of the Development Assistance Programme
- Conduct site visits for future championship host venues
- Take on the role of Technical Delegate for identified WCF events, including regular site visits, liaising with the LOC and ITOs, liaising with WCF colleagues to ensure the delivery of appropriate equipment
- Contribute to the review of Event documentation including but not limited to bidding guidelines, event contracts, team meeting documents and competitor’s guides
- Run training events for volunteers appointed to help the successful running of championships eg timeclock operators, end ice observers, statisticians etc.,
- Where appropriate liaise with WCF Partner Organisations regarding the delivery of events
- Any other tasks identified by the Director of Competitions and Development
How to apply:
Applications should be in the form of a CV and covering letter outlining the candidate’s suitability for the post and should also include an indication of the expected salary level.
Applications should be submitted by email via the provided 'APPLY' button.