Finance and Business Development Director
Volleyball England is seeking to appoint an Independent Director to the Board, operating within the remits of Finance and Business Development.
The successful applicant will:
- Act as a Director of the English Volleyball Association Ltd (the Company)
- Use personal and professional skills, contacts, experience and judgement to optimise both the short term and long term performance of Volleyball England
- Play a full part in enabling the Board to arrive at balanced and objective decisions
- Ensure the objectives of the Company, as agreed by the Board, are fully, promptly, and properly carried out
Roles and repsonsibilites include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the production of timely, accurate, meaningful financial information
- Providing budget updates to the Executive Board
- Signing off the Annual Accounts on behalf of the Executive Board
- Reviewing, suggesting and implemeneting improvements to the financial systems of the Company
- Overseeing financial planning of Volleyball England
- Working with the Board and SMT to develop, implemenet and monitor an Annual Business Plan and long term Business Development Strategy
- Identifying potential opportunities for business development
- Ensuring good working relationships with clients/funders, both new and existing, are maintained
- Increasing business sustainability
The successful applicant will be requried to sit on Volleyball England sub groups as prescribed by the Framework document of by board agreeement.
Please note this is a voluntary position, although reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Association's Expenses Claim Policy.
The closing date for applications is Monday 31st July.
PLEASE FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FORM