Managing Director Gaming
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Board & Executive, IT, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
Reporting to the Managing Director of Betting and Gaming, the Managing Director of Gaming has P&L responsibility for the Gaming business unit. The role has a wide range of responsibilities covering areas such as strategy development; plan development; KPI/target setting; product development; commercial development; budget management; leadership and personnel development. This role is based preferably in our Central London office. Travel will be required circa once a month to the German office where gaming development and operations takes place. Additional global travel will be as required in support of commercial opportunity development.
- Take P&L responsibility and lead the strategic direction and development of the Gaming unit.
- Develop the annual business plan to define and achieve revenue, cost and profit targets.
- Define key KPI's.
- Ensure Gaming unit performance against key measures is fully understood. Undertake remedial actions as required and appropriate.
- Lead all commercial aspects of the Gaming business unit (including games development; distribution technologies; pricing; licensing & partnerships).
- Assess, commercially prioritise and clearly define the product road map. Work closely with the General Manager to ensure the effective and timely delivery of the roadmap.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure timely customer integrations. Develop remedial action where required.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director Sales, and Sales team, to ensure gaming sales performance is understood and achieved.
- Provide support to the sales teams and customers as required.
- Establish strong insight on market developments and competitor performance. Benchmark Gaming Unit performance versus market competitors.
- Manage expenditure within defined budgets and take corrective action when required.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Gaming unit (e.g. communicating strategy, plans & performance updates).
- Lead and implement effective personnel and performance management across the unit.
- Act as a spokesman for the Gaming product range at internal and external events.
- Proven track record of having P&L responsibility and leading demonstrable growth of a business unit.
- Ability to demonstrate successful strategy and business plan development.
- Strong commercial experience in areas such as B2B selling; pricing; negotiation; contract development.
- Proven capability of working with and leading teams, and ensuring successful project delivery.
- Ability to overcome commercial / business obstacles and find solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the sports betting and wider gaming industry.
- Fluent in English. Other languages, particularly German, a plus.
- You'll be surrounded by young, enthusiastic, sports betting industry experts Sports 24/7.
- Competitive London salary (based on experience).
- Private BUPA health care.
- Company pension plan.
- New office in central London.
- Regular social events.
We change the way the world experiences sport and provide cutting-edge solutions to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
Our team collaborates globally and is committed to solve the challenges we face on our way - but never without a pinch of fun and play.
Make the team: Join us and shape your future as well as ours!
Sportradar is the world’s leading supplier of sports and betting-related data.