Full Stack Engineer
|Location||Brooklyn, United States|
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||IT, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
Sportradar, the global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content is seeking a Full Stack Engineer for its Digital Sports group in New York City.
Are you passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds? Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges? You will be joining a world-class development team that will be responsible for building the initial product leveraging NBA Player tracking data. The product is the first of many user-facing products. You will be responsible for helping us develop our es6 react / redux web application, using cutting-edge technology and design patterns. This role is an individual contributor, with an emphasis developing features. You will be taking ownership and making a meaningful impact starting from the ground level, with a rapidly growing company.
We are looking for someone who holds themselves and others to high technical standards (design, architecture and implementation), have a healthy capacity to accept and provide criticism, and is humble, diligent and has a sense of humor (and enjoys being around people with a good sense of humor).
Sportradar's exclusive partnerships with the NBA and NFL allow our product team to create new, innovative, and exciting products targeted around sports data collection and live player tracking. Come to work in our new office in New York, in the heart of Midtown, and combine your love of great products with your passion for sports.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Define the vision, strategy and roadmap around Sportradar's products.
- Serve as the authority within your product; understanding exactly what data and features are required and how our customers wish to consume and work with the application.
- Perform detailed market/customer analysis to evaluate opportunities to grow and expand the product.
- Write the user narrative to inform the user experience.
- Communicate and drive transparency of project status and commitments to stakeholders and customers.
- Develop and mature support and communication processes to handle and respond to incoming customer questions and issues surrounding product(s).
- Own support related communication with customers and leagues.
- Be an energetic self-starter with the ability to take ownership, manage risk and be accountable for deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Technical Knowledge
- Creativity and Strategy
- Team Focus
- Problem Solving
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field; equivalent experience acceptable.
- Experience: 5+ year's experience delivering highly successful and innovative products.
- Should have a solid knowledge of NodeJS, Phython or Java, Polyglot preferred.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, and at least one modern backend framework.
- Knowledge working with relational and/or NoSQL databases at scale.
- Knowledge of cloud native architecture patterns.
- Event drive architectures and knowledge of data/event pipelines.
- Knowledge of microservices and loosely coupled service oriented architectures.
- Know your way around a unix shell and inimitable comfort with the cloud, especially AWS
- Interest in sports statistics is a plus, but not required.
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US:
- Talk sports every day.
- The opportunity to join an exciting team and make an impact on the product and our customer products.
- Camaraderie of a talented and passionate team, working hard to deliver innovative products.
- Competitive salary and benefits. Excellent medical and dental plans. 401K and PTO!
Sportradar is the leading provider of sports data and information globally, covering over 350,000 live events across 48 sports. Sportradar has developed the industry's most proficient software, distributing content and data that is easy to consume while setting new standards for speed and accuracy. Turner Media, Twitter and Samsung are among the leading companies in sports and digital media relying on Sportradar for innovative content, comprehensive applications and product development. Exclusive agreements with the NFL, NBA, NHL, International Tennis Federation and NASCAR are among its 65 worldwide league and federation partnerships. The firm's U.S. Advisory Board includes Ted Leonsis, Mark Cuban and Michael Jordan. Sportradar was recently named a finalist by Sports Business Journal in the category of Sports Breakthrough of the Year for its annual Sports Business Awards. Learn more at www.sportradar.com.
Sportradar is the world’s leading supplier of sports and betting-related data.