Junior Event Manager
- Full Time
The FIA Formula E Championship is the world’s first fully-electric single-seater racing series, competing on the streets against the backdrop of some of the most iconic cities - including Hong Kong, Marrakesh, Buenos Aires, Monaco, Paris, New York and Montreal. The championship represents a vision for the future of the motor industry, serving as a platform to showcase the latest innovations in electric vehicle technology and alternative energy solutions. Future seasons will see the regulations open up further allowing manufacturers to focus on the development of motor and battery components, which in turn will filter down to everyday contemporary electric road vehicles.
The 2016/17 FIA Formula E Championship sees 10 teams and 20 drivers go wheel-to-wheel in 10 cities spanning five continents in the fight to be crowned Formula E champion. The inaugural season of Formula E sparked into life in September 2014 around the grounds of the Olympic Park in Beijing. The third season of the electric street racing series got underway on October 9 in Hong Kong, with the season finale double-header in Montreal on July 29 & 30.
Working at Formula E
At Formula E we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and whilst we are passionate about delivery we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
As the Junior Event Manager, your role will be to assist the Event Managers in the supervision and coordination of the Formula E events.
The Junior Event Manager will assist the Event Managers in the signature of agreements process with the cities, promoters, organisers and service providers. You will also provide back-office support such as reports, presentations, budget analysis and planning management in order to guarantee execution of each event within budget.
Specifically, the Junior Event Manager will assist the Event managers in:
- Providing overall support to the Event Management Team
- Supervising the project milestones
- Coordinating all Formula E internal and external resources for the event, setting and attending regular meetings, proposing agendas and supplying minutes
- Supporting the legal process to achieve agreements signature with city services and local companies, especially in editing all dedicated appendixes
- Supervising the event budget and PO process, together with the Cost Controller
- Supervising the procurement process, especially supporting in the change control, together with the Cost Manager
- Supplying regular written reporting and back-office support
- Providing support to the local event operator teams
- Coordinating the event requirements of Formula E departments
Required skills and experience
- Fluent in English and German
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CAD would be appreciated, but not necessary
- Proven experience in events organisation
- Previous experience in an international role
- Knowledge of budget management
- Knowledge of project management
- Previous experience in an operational role
- Experience in motorsport would be appreciated, but not necessary
- Available to travel frequently
Please note that due to the number of applications received only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please state your current remuneration package in your application.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs.
Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields