Initial three month placement, starting August 2017. Potential to extend to a permanent role.
£1,200 per month
Based in London
The Playbook intern supports the account teams across most day-to-day PR and marketing execution and administration, reporting to a account executive or account manager, as appropriate.
They should be an enthusiastic and motivated addition to the team with an ambition to progress and develop their understanding of basic media and communication skills. Improving awareness of media tools and alternative routes available to create the required media coverage and consumer conversation in all areas is a key focus.
The role should provide the additional capacity to ensure that client accounts are well organised and structured through maintaining agency processes and administration.
- Helping to write coherent and factually accurate press release drafts.
- Identifying publicity opportunities as directed.
- Producing content for newsletters, blogs, internal briefing notes and social media content.
- Competent in all written communications, both internally and externally to clients and journalists.
- A growing understanding of how the media works, opportunities available and starting to build relationships with journalists, influencers etc.
- Helping to manage the process of press release distribution.
- Helping to sell items in to media as directed.
- Understanding and supporting wider team activity, such as content campaigns, experiential, influencer programmes, as needed.
- Proactively looking for opportunities, working alongside managers.
- Confident in making verbal approaches to all journalists - consumer, business-to-business and trade to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities.
- Assist in the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- To actively participate in meetings. Helping in the preparing for the meeting and in presenting elements as directed.
- Supporting in presentations to existing clients and new business pitches.
- Play a part in creating new ideas and brainstorms.
- Liaise with junior clients where suitable in a professional and confident manner, building good working relationships.
- Undertake media and administration desk research for new business pitches and current client programmes as required.
- Flexibility: Capable of juggling more than one task/client at the time and prioritising work load accordingly.
- To handle all administration for accounts including filing, press cuttings/reporting etc. to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Work as an effective member of a team, as well as the overall organisation.
- Proof read all written material.
- Become capable of briefing all suppliers such as designers, photographers, printers in a knowledgeable and precise manner.