Square Mile Sport is the owner and organiser of the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay – a unique and hugely successful annual corporate team running race around the heart of a city’s financial district. Having started in London in 2007, the race has since grown across the world into 10 cities including, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Dubai, Sydney, New York, Tokyo, San Francisco and Sao Paulo.
The event concept is continuing to grow and is going through an extremely exciting global expansion phase as we create a Global Race Series across the biggest financial centres of the world. The Senior Project Manager will form an integral part of the team to manage the existing races and help deliver the event in each of these fascinating cities.
Square Mile Sport is also part of Benchmark Sport International, the holding company for a global network of brands and business that specialises in the development of sport-related networks in the business and social sector. The growth of the group has been driven by the importance that we attach to innovative thinking and our continuous investment in turning our ideas into tangible assets. Original idea creation ensures that we carve out niches in exciting and growing market sectors.
As an entrepreneurial company, Benchmark Sport International has developed a reputation for building prestigious sports brands from the ground up and is now responsible for some of the biggest flagship events in sport, business, entertainment and philanthropy.
You will be responsible for driving the global revenue growth for the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay, developing and closing new business opportunities to a wide range of event partners as well as helping to develop new business, revenue streams and event concepts.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your remit will be to generate new leads and engage organisations, using detailed needs analysis and creating bespoke packages to sell sponsorships, corporate team entries and more.
You will be responsible for delivering against set revenue targets and KPIs, whilst working alongside the event and marketing team in order to maximise sales opportunities across the business. You will be required to regularly analyse and research new business opportunities, applying a broad approach to sourcing new clients/events that can benefit Square Mile Sport.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Securing new partners for all Square Mile Sport properties
- Driving new corporate team entries and hospitality sales across the Square Mile Sport event portfolio
- Researching and analysing new leads – taking a consultative approach to offering the appropriate Square Mile Sport platform to new partners
- Develop new events and revenue streams in conjunction with the Managing Director
- Achieving individual and group revenue targets and KPIs – reporting directly to the Managing Director of Square Mile Sport
- Maintaining accurate pipelines – presenting regular updates to the Managing Director
- Manage the sales team consisting of sales executive and partnerships manager
Desired Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5+ years’ sales experience and proven success of generating new business
- Proven track record of sponsorship sales
- International experience highly preferable
- An in-depth understanding of the workings of the sport industry and the business-to-business sector
- Hard-working and self-starting with a strong desire to achieve success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Experience in creating bespoke proposal documents
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
- Previous sales experience in the sports business-to-business sector and an existing network of sport industry contacts is preferable
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills, able to hold conversations with c-suite executives
- Ability to think creatively and conceptualise new marketing initiatives
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- The Commercial Director will report to the Managing Director
Based on experience plus competitive bonus structure, private healthcare and additional benefits