Square Mile Sport is the owner and organiser of the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay – a unique and hugely successful annual corporate team running race around the heart of a city’s financial district. Having started in London in 2007, the race has since grown across the world into 10 cities including, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Dubai, Sydney, New York, Tokyo, San Francisco and Sao Paulo.
The event concept is continuing to grow and is going through an extremely exciting global expansion phase as we create a Global Race Series across the biggest financial centres of the world. The Senior Project Manager will form an integral part of the team to manage the existing races and help deliver the event in each of these fascinating cities.
Square Mile Sport is also part of Benchmark Sport International, the holding company for a global network of brands and business that specialises in the development of sport-related networks in the business and social sector. The growth of the group has been driven by the importance that we attach to innovative thinking and our continuous investment in turning our ideas into tangible assets. Original idea creation ensures that we carve out niches in exciting and growing market sectors.
As an entrepreneurial company, Benchmark Sport International has developed a reputation for building prestigious sports brands from the ground up and is now responsible for some of the biggest flagship events in sport, business, entertainment and philanthropy.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the Sales executive assists in the development and leads in the execution of the team entry and hospitality strategy. Ownership of these revenues streams, the Manager will bring visibility, transparency and analytical rigor to pricing and promotions working closely with the Project Directors and Head of Commercial.
You will be responsible for delivering against set revenue targets and KPIs, whilst working alongside the event and marketing team in order to maximise sales opportunities across the business.
- Develop with the Head of Commercial the pricing, promotion and sales strategy for team entry and hospitality sales
- Generate new corporate team revenue by prospecting and developing relationships with top companies globally
- Actively qualify leads, follow-up with prospective clients and grow pipeline
- Responsible for up-selling, cross-selling across all Square Mile Sport events
- Management of global agencies as an extension of the sales force
- Assist in the development of the B2B digital outreach campaigns to reach a wider audience
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to develop the digital communications strategy to drive revenue from our global community
- Competitor price/promotion tracking
- Manage post promotional analysis activity and advanced pricing analytics to improve business plan and planning effectiveness. This individual will champion the use of data and insight to drive decision making
- Build a solid data capturing model to aid future strategy for pricing and promotion
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales goals and activity requirements
Desired Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 2+ years’ sales experience and proven success of generating new business
- An in-depth understanding of the workings of the sport industry and the business-to-business sector
- Hard-working and self-starting with a strong desire to achieve success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Experience in creating bespoke proposal documents
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
- Previous sales experience in the sports business-to-business sector and an existing network of sport industry contacts is preferable
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills, able to hold conversations with c-suite executives
- Ability to think creatively and conceptualise new marketing initiatives
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- The Sales Executive will report to the Head of Commercial
Based on experience plus competitive bonus structure, private healthcare and additional benefits