England Women's Youth Goalkeeping Coach
|Location||Burton upon Trent, UK|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
Win the World Cups in 2022 and 2023 and sustain success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Goalkeeping coaches will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
- In collaboration with other national specialist coaches, develop and effectively deliver leading, innovative, evidence-based goalkeeping tactical strategies within the England women’s DNA framework and syllabus, which create competitive advantages for England teams.
- In collaboration with other national specialist coaches and talent identification staff, develop detailed role profiles for goalkeepers which fit the England playing style
- In collaboration with other national specialist coaches, development and delivery of detailed individual specific technical programmes to improve core skills of England goalkeepers
- Write and deliver the goalkeeping components of individual player development programmes which define clear objectives, benchmarks and methods of improvement
- To recruit, oversee, mentor and develop a group of itinerant Goalkeeping coaches to support the England youth talent pathway and future Women’s Football Performance Centres
- Act as Goalkeeping coach for youth national squad/s when require
- Recruit and mentor a group of female goalkeeping coaches and provide opportunities to enhance their qualifications and experience
- Advise, mentor and work directly with elite female national team and RTC Goalkeeping coaches to enhance their delivery to young female elite potential goalkeeper
- Inspiring, world class on and off-field delivery of goalkeeping strategies to teams, units and individual player
- Lead the planning, delivery and review of GK development camps for young high potential female goalkeepers based at the new Women’s Football Performance Centres
- Track, support and develop targeted female goalkeepers within the England Development pathway
- Develop outstanding player and pathway relationships through a structured visit and engagement programme in collaboration with the Womens National Team GK coach
- In collaboration with other National Goalkeeping and Specialist coaches support the development of a comprehensive, world leading goalkeeping strategy for England Women’s national teams and Talent Pathway (RTC/ACC).
- For certain teams, you may fulfil other roles within the coaching team, to include opposition analysis and coding, the use of defined measures for tracking performance and the contribution to the development of world leading set piece’s. You will be required to contribute to an outstanding, inspiring performance environment and a cohesive multidisciplinary team to maximise the probability of success for England goalkeepers both in and out of camp.
You will be an outstanding goalkeeper coach with significant experience of working with elite female GKs and coaches, with a track record of high performance and understanding of International Football.
You must possess the minimum qualifications of the UEFA B Licence, the FA GK B Licence and the ideally the FA Advanced Youth Award (Goalkeeping), you must be a member of the Licenced Coaches Club and have strong evidence of continued professional development throughout your career.
You must also have completed the FA Youth Modules 1, 2 and 3.
You will be able to demonstrate inspirational on and off field delivery using a variety of methods and approaches, as well as strengths in a deep knowledge of goalkeeping and ability to analyse and communicate technical and tactical coaching information. You have an understanding of the England DNA and believe you can both deliver according to the framework as well as make a positive contribution to its evolution.
As a leader and role model, you will bring energy and positivity to the role, and thriving under pressure, always recover from setbacks quickly, An excellent relationship builder, you will already have an extensive professional coaching network. You will enjoy building relationships with different groups of people and you can influence internally and externally to achieve your goals. A good planner, you will be comfortable translating your vision into goals and deliverables which you take great pride in delivering on and off the pitch. You must also possess a sound understanding of talent identification. Communication will be a stand out strength in all forms, allowing you to get your message across clearly at all times.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch.
To apply please follow the link below.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 29th June 2017 . Please note that the assessment day will be held on the 24th & 25th July 2017.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.