Corporate Fundraising Manager
Head of Corporate Partnerships
£28,000 - £34,000
35 hours per week
The Lord’s Taverners is the UK’s leading youth cricket and disability sports charity.
We exist to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
The organisation benefits hugely from the support of our members, regional committees, sports governing bodies, corporate partners, volunteers, supporters and fundraisers.
Main Purpose of the Role
To be part of a committed, passionate team that provides opportunities to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
To join our growing fundraising department, and play a key role in increasing revenue generation through corporate partnerships.
We envisage that this will be a full time role; however we would also consider applicants who are exceptionally experienced in this field but who may need to work more flexibly.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and quickly developing charity. Therefore, aspects of the job may evolve over time. While not exhaustive, the following list of responsibilities gives an overview of the key aspects of the role:
- Research and identify potential partners from the corporate sector
- Preparation of presentations and proposals in line with agreed brand template
- Developing leads, meeting prospects and closing deals
- Identify new fundraising initiatives that will lead to an increase in corporate support
- Supporting Head of Corporate Partnerships with the management and relationship of existing partners when needed
We currently have a number of strong, strategically important corporate partnerships which make a significant difference to the young people we serve.
The successful candidate:
- will have relevant experience to build and deliver new successful long term partnerships;
- will have an excellent understanding of the current business climate and be confident at relationship building from researching through to activation of the agreed package;
- be an excellent networker who can quickly establish relationships with decision makers from a range or corporate organisations, using their own initiative to create compelling cases for support of the charity;
- will be part of the Corporate Fundraising Team working alongside the Head of Corporate Partnerships.
In addition to the above the successful candidate should also demonstrate the following key skills:
- excellent written and verbal communications skills, including confident telephone manner
- excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of word, excel and power point
- a results driven attitude
- excellent administrative, organisational and planning skills
- an ability to both work as part of a team and on individually using own initiative
- an ability to multi-task and prioritise work under pressure
- a proactive, enthusiastic and with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- knowledge of third sector and sporting landscapes (helpful but not essential), but commercial experience and acumen are also valued
- prepared to manage multiple projects concurrently and ‘muck in’ at events and other activities when required, often outside of contracted working hours
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age