Facilities Assistant (12 months FTC)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
The post holder will provide support to the FM contract managers in the effective contractual management of all FM service providers. They will be responsible for the FM helpdesk/switchboard and supply partner KPI/SLA reports management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the FM contract managers to assist with the effective daily management of all FM contracts at WNSL
- Manage all support requests from the FM dept via the combined help desk (raising POs, travel bookings, taxi bookings etc).
- Management of the minor non bundled FM contracts at WNSL (gym, taxi, plants etc) in the absence of the Facilities manager.
- Provide admin support and ensure adequate provision of third party labour for all event relevant tasks.
- Create and maintain a healthy and professional relationship with all suppliers. Manage and lead contractor update meetings.
- Undertake quality audits through floor walking inspections, audits and regular engagement with all internal and external stakeholders in support of the Soft services contract manager.
- Consistently look for and implement innovations that will enhance the Departments performance or the clients experience of our venues
- To investigate and respond to complaints from staff, event owners, visitors and guests as far as they relate to the facilities and service delivery. Work with the venue Service Teams and direct reports to drive customer services to the highest levels. Working with Departmental colleagues to schedule contracted works, manage and review KPI’s and assist with monthly contractor performance reviews. Co-ordinate and organise key internal and external meetings
- Deputise as directed by the Head of FM for the SSCM and Technical manager at contractual monthly meetings.
- Co-ordinate and chair event support staff meetings based on venue use, ensure the adequate amount of contractors and staff are in attendance during the event and pre-event and also review the adequate timings for cover. Contact all suppliers with our specific event requirements for staff to carry out PEAPS on venue equipment, obtaining costs and staff names attending site. Co-ordinate all accreditation details from the direct reports, Maintenance Contractors, Cleaning & Waste Contractors and Logistics staff.
- Ensure all Purchase orders for event staff and PEAPS staff booked and distribute to contractors before attendance. Arrange briefing timings and location for event day staff briefing.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet the FA Groups changing priorities
Who we are looking for:
- Experience of working within FM in a high level corporate environment or five star hotel
- Demonstrable contractor and vendor management skills and experience
- Ability to deliver outstanding client services personally and through internal and external teams
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Experience of writing persuasive and timely management reports
- Relevant experience or qualification
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Health and Safety qualification
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.