Production And Technical Logistics Assistant [Freelance]
|Location||PyeongChang, South Korea|
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Events & Operations, Production & Design|
Discovery Eurosport has secured the rights from the International Olympic Committee to manage the distribution of the XXIII Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang from 9-25 February 2018.
Discovery Eurosport is seeking to appoint several freelancers to undertake the roles of Production and Technical Logistics Assistants who will assist with co-ordinating the broadcast requirements of Discovery Eurosport between October 2017 and March 2018 with varying start dates.
All roles will be based in PyeongChang.
- Coordinate the pulling and staging of technical and non-technical equipment and production supply orders
- Load, unload and deliver equipment and supplies to and from Olympic venues
- Research, contact and acquire local suppliers and vendors as well as maintain strong business relations with them
- Create financial accounts and purchase orders as necessary
- Undertake venue runs with truck drivers and confidently liaise with Venue Managers regarding production and technical deliveries
- Build and break down pallets, wrap and unwrap deliveries and organise them systematically using material handling equipment
- Accompany and supervise vendors and contractors carrying out essential work in warehouse and venues
- Create and maintain a suitable and safe working environment for logistics and security personnel
- Create, organise, receive and update domestic and international shipments
- Track technical and non-technical equipment using internal asset management system
- Carry out technical and non-technical inventory control with precision and accuracy
- Undertake administrative and office management duties including scanning, printing and arranging files, invoices and purchase orders
- Prepare venues and International Broadcast Centre for the arrival of Discovery Eurosport staff by organising furniture, signage, technical equipment, deliveries & shipments
- Provide a professional service to all Discovery Eurosport clients, consistently delivering strong communication and customer service skills
- Whilst this document is a comprehensive assessment of the role, the duties of the Production and Technical Logistics Assistant may from time to time be amended as dictated by the business.
- Previous experience within Olympics Production logistics or a track record in logistics operations, and/or warehousing for major events.
- Confident at troubleshooting on the spot and prioritising tasks
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with long and often unsociable hours including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Demonstrate precise attention to detail whilst working to tight deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality of all internal processes, areas and security
- Possess excellent communication skills and confidence to talk to any level of staff with respect and courtesy
- Prepared to work in a warehouse and carry out hard physical work
- Capable of following orders and requests from senior members of staff
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and a good sense of humor
- Competent with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Fluent in Korean and/or Japanese with a good understanding of English
Eurosport is today Europe's leading sports entertainment group. Eurosport is broadcast in 20 languages reaching 120 million homes and 240 million viewers across 59 countries.