|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Director of Elite Training Science and Technology, the Sport Psychologist will be responsible for:
- Leadership and management of the Sport Psychology and Monitoring Centre;
- Planning, delivery, and evaluation of state-of-the-art psychology services to support and enhance elite athletes training and preparation for competition;
- Quality control of service models to reflect international best practice standards;
- Collaborating as part of a multidisciplinary support team including allied scientific, medical, and athlete affairs service units according to the biopsychosocial operating model of the ETSTD;
- Provision of on-field support services to athletes at local and overseas training and competition;
- Participation in, and contribution to the ETSTD applied scientific research programme;
- Contribution of relevant expertise to the HKSI Talent Identification Programmes;
- Representation of HKSI at local and international conferences, scientific seminars and meetings, and in the international scientific literature through scientific publications;
- Participation in the organization of the annual HKSI International Scientific Symposium;
- Demonstration of an active commitment to personal professional development and to the development of the Sport Psychology field.
- A Doctoral Degree/ Master Degree in a related area of Psychology with a minimum of 5 years’ related working experience;
- Eligibility for registration with the Hong Kong Psychological Society;
- Commitment to the social value of giftedness in sport;
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent command in both spoken and written Chinese and English. Knowledge of Putonghua will be an advantage; and
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability on or before 13 June 2017. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20170531-SPS in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (HKSI)
The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.