National Club Operations Officer - 1 year Fixed Term Contract
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
To promote, manage and administer the FA Charter Standard club programme across a range of key internal and external partners including County FAs, Sport England, key commercial and fulfilment companies, servicing the needs of clubs and customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working in partnership with key commercial and partner companies ensure associated fulfilment requirements of the FA Charter Standard club programme are delivered and serviced across related programmes including The FA Kit Scheme, Nike Partner Club and Nike Gift of Kit.
- Ensure quality assurance processes across the FA Charter Standard club programme are implemented and adhered to including coaching standards, safeguarding and Respect
- Support County FAs and clubs in processing FA Charter Standard applications and Annual Health Checks through the Whole Game System ensuring effective processes are documented and well promoted
- Ensure FA Charter Standard club and team data is accurate and reported, detailing specific measures to key partners both internally and externally
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team develop and implement a communications plan supporting club and team officials, that promotes wider FA messaging and programmes that deliver key FA objectives
- Support the FA Digital Engagement team in delivering this key programme to communicate and support club and team administrators, players and others via digital engagement
- In partnership with the Design Team update and create supporting FA Charter Standard club documents being hosted on TheFA.com
- In partnership with the Leagues & Clubs Team support any other related activities that enhance and promote the FA Charter Standard programme
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet the FA Group’s changing priorities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge and experience of the FA Charter Standard programme and the related commercial programmes
- Knowledge and experience of the Whole Game System to administer and report on the programme
- An understanding and appreciation of the needs of the voluntary club workforce
- An understanding of the use of technology to support the administration of a club
- Good communication skills that cover a range of platforms from personal presenting to mass social media
- Excellent administration skills including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of safeguarding within football
- Knowledge of sports equality and the barriers facing underrepresented groups
- Knowledge of the FA Strategy and key targets of the Football Participation and Development Division
- Experience of working with commercial partners to implement sports / community programmes
The location of the role is flexible and can be based at home, Wembley Stadium or St George’s Park. Regular travel will be required to Wembley and St George’s Park.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.