Head of Women’s Participation
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Strategy & Research, Planning & Strategy|
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We are passionate about making football accessible ‘For All’, made possible by talented people across a variety of business areas.
We have big ambitions. Ensuring The Emirates FA Cup, which provides fans across the country with memories that will last a lifetime, remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be two world-class venues we are proud to call home and achieving success with each of our 24 national sides are all among our objectives.
Overview of the role:
The post holder will be responsible for creating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating The FA’s strategy for doubling female participation. Along with supporting County FA’s to develop their own strategies, the post holder will work with public and private sector partners to maximise investment and support. In addition, they will be responsible for developing high quality, insight led programmes, resources and support services to County FAs and key external delivery partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Set out a long term vision for growth to enable The FA to deliver on its brand purpose of ForALL and a medium term vision and plan to double participation by 2020;
- Develop funding submissions to Sport England and other partners to maximise investment
- Lead, motivate, develop and support the Women’s Participation team ensuring everyone has clear objectives, targets and learning and development plans;
- Track the delivery of FA female participation targets via a dashboard highlighting what has been achieved, the targets that are behind schedule, and the reasons for any discrepancies and actions required;
- Build effective relationships with the CFAs, PL, EFL, Sport England, CSPNs, YST and other key national partners to help grow and develop the game;
- Work with the Head of Participation and the Head of Women’s Football to Implement a player focused and age appropriate playing and competitions strategy across football;
- Work with Commercial to develop commercial partner investment into the grassroots female game
- Manage the participation budgets and report on return on investment.
- Support the implementation of a Marketing and Communications plan to deliver targets and programmes;
- Provide reports and deliver presentations to the FA Women’s Board and National Game Board as required
What we are looking for:
- Excellent strategic management
- Proven leadership and management skills at a national level within Sport Development
- Extensive understanding of the national, regional and local sporting landscape in England
- Understanding and proven experience in leading and implementing change management
- Track record of developing and delivering high quality programmes and support services
- Experience of developing successful partnerships and securing investment
- Experience of financial planning and budget management
- Commitment to sports equality and an ability to gain ‘buy in’ to equality objectives
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.