Olympic FP&A Analyst
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Finance & Procurement, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement, Admin|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
Eurosport is the number one sport destination in Europe, fuelling the passion of fans and connecting them with the greatest sports events in the world. As the new Home of the Olympic Games in Europe, Eurosport will deliver the ultimate Games experience to more people, on more screens, than ever before - bringing fans closer to their local heroes through year-long storytelling.
Firmly established as the Home of Cycling, Grand Slam Tennis and Winter Sport, Eurosport channels - Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 and Eurosportnews - reach 236 million cumulative subscribers across 94 countries in Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
Eurosport.com is Europe’s No 1 online sports news website with an average of 14.5m unique users per month. In addition, Eurosport Player, the all-access on demand digital pass, is available anytime and on any device in 52 countries.
Eurosport Events specializes in the management and promotion of international sporting events. More information is available by visiting corporate.eurosport.com.
Reporting to the Olympic Manager FP&A, your duties will be the following:
1- Day-to-day support of Olympic Finance processes working with the operational teams
- Help in the design, testing and implementation of robust business critical finance processes relating to the Olympics project ahead of the 2018 Games in Korea.
- Become to “Go To” Finance support to the business teams for any daily queries/usage of those processes. For example; Purchase Orders; Re-invoicing of sublicensees, Games Management System payment of freelancers, Concur expenses module for per diems.
- Support the Business in all their questions relating to Finance coding of transactions in SAP to ensure accurate accounting in SAP. E.g. P&L deferral of relevant costs until Games Time
- Key role in ensuring the successful billing of Sublicencees. Work with Distribution Operations, Accounts Receivable and Systems team to co-ordinate the setup of new clients in SAP, ensuring they are billed accurately on a timely basis.
- Be the contact with the Accounting Department for all adjustments or invoicing issues
2- Monthly reporting, Budget, Long Range Plan (LRP), Cash forecast
- Perform the monthly reporting and reforecasting for Olympic departmental costs: Operations, GTO, Production, Relations, Commercialization, Marketing, Communication, HR, Legal.
- Prepare the financial reporting for actuals, analyze and report on variances to plan and forecasts.
- Reforecast Olympic costs in collaboration with the relevant Olympic teams.
- Support the Olympic Manager FP&A during the budget and LRP phase.
- Maintain the sublicensing revenue and cash trackers
- Help improve and maintain the Cash forecast for overall Olympic costs and revenues.
3. Preparation of Games Times P&L Reporting:
- Help design and maintain a robust tracking schedule to ensure deferred costs are allocated appropriately to local regional teams and to other departments
- Provide the local teams with updated production costings when requested
- Be the point of contact for Financial queries in Europe during the Olympic Games period.
- 3 years of experience as a Finance Analyst.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Rigorous attention to detail. Ability to deliver to challenging deadlines. Organised, reliable and curious.
- A client servicing mind-set, positive attitude with good communication skills
- Ability to explain financial concepts to operational staff
- Experience in an international organisation
- An interest in sport and media would be beneficial
Eurosport is today Europe's leading sports entertainment group. Eurosport is broadcast in 20 languages reaching 120 million homes and 240 million viewers across 59 countries.