|Sector||Leisure & Health, Venues & Suppliers|
|Function||Events & Operations, Marketing & Communications, Agency, PR & Communications, Agency, PR & Marketing, Brand Communications, Brand Marketing, Media Operations|
|Salary||Up to £32,000|
ABOUT THE RACECOURSE:
It means more at Ascot. Everything is in its place as we meticulously apply the finishing touches to create breathtaking occasions at the iconic Ascot Racecourse. We strive to deliver an uplifting guest experience; an experience which always anticipates our guest’s needs and is seemingly effortless. We are custodians of over 300 years of history, we have a duty to respect and celebrate our heritage which makes us original. We always look and act the part. We are smart, stylishly turned out and courteous, communicating with respect. This is the Ascot Way.
Reporting to the Consumer Marketing Manager you will support Ascot’s marketing initiatives to drive customer recruitment and retention.
As well as undertaking analysis of marketing campaigns, you will oversee Ascot’s quantitative and qualitative customer research to inform our product development and approach to key customer groups including racing enthusiasts, social racegoers, families, membership and hospitality guests.
You will effectively manage data segmentation to support the consumer communication strategy informing the content team of behaviours and attitudes of key target groups to help positively influence loyalty, attendance frequency and spend of existing customers.
You will implement a marketing data acquisition strategy to identify and acquire sales lead data. Work closely with sales and Business & Events team to ensure that key tools are used efficiently and that subsequent leads and prospects are channelled correctly. Take lead on initiatives across Ascot channels including digital and venue to improve data capture.
You will also support the Marketing Manager in developing and implementing advertising campaigns.
IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THE ROLE:
Educated to a degree level or equivalent, you will have experience of developing and delivering integrated marketing plans, an understanding of CRM, database and email marketing software. You will have previously worked in a marketing or analytical role and have a strong understanding of the principles of marketing communication and brand management. A track record of exceptional achievements in delivering results will be second nature to you alongside having excellent communication/persuader skills to both internal and external audiences. Prior experience of Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics and Dotmailer would be advantages. You will be tenacious, analytically minded and have a passion for delivering results.
- Ensure that customer insight drives business change at Ascot. Oversee Ascot’s quantitative and qualitative research including building, implementing and reporting on customer surveys and focus groups to inform approach to key customer groups including racing enthusiasts, families, social racegoers, members and hospitality guests. Champion an effective working relationship with our research agency.
- Manage and maintain database segmentation to support the consumer communication strategy. Inform content team of behaviours and attitudes of key target groups – to influence the engagement approach - and ensure timely data extraction to positively influence loyalty, attendance frequency and spend of existing customers.
- Use customer insight to inform the development of our product portfolio including raceday experiences, catering, hospitality and membership
- Ensure that CRM system is effectively utilised in order to support customer recruitment loyalty, frequency of attendance and increased spend.
- Implement a marketing data acquisition strategy to identify and acquire sales lead data. Work closely with sales team to ensure that tools (e.g. Linked In) are used correctly and that subsequent leads and prospects are channelled correctly.
- Lead initiatives across Ascot channels including digital and venue. Work with the data agency to oversee data cleansing, integration, Customer Welcome programme, ongoing use and maintenance. Increasing customer contacts within hospitality environment would be high priority.
- Work with Business and Events to ensure that all relevant non-racing events hosted at Ascot are utilised to generate sales leads.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Implement and maintain the e-communication strategy, circulating detailed performance summaries and market updates
- Provide point of contact for the creative and media agencies and in-house artwork team to ensure delivery and effectiveness of a tailored, timely, dynamic and aspirational event advertising plan for Royal Ascot, 21 racedays and other events to media.
- Support the Consumer Marketing Manager in developing and implementing advertising campaigns.
- Undertake detailed ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met. Ensure that all campaigns are measured and ROI reported to ensure future development.
- Represent both the product and customer in working closely with Content Team to ensure that the full Ascot product hierarchy is comprehensively and effectively showcased, primarily on the website
- Support the Consumer Marketing Manager in reporting/acting on insights to ensure continuous improvement in the Customer Journey experience, for both new and existing customers
- Work with Business and Events to develop a quarterly communications plan to ensure that selected media are fully updated on a quarterly basis.
- Where relevant, write / edit copy for selected marketing collateral, primarily emails.
- Support business development with tourism authorities, preferred hotels and organised groups travel.
- Monitor market developments and competitor activity.
- Undertake ownership of ad hoc end-to-end projects
BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO THE ROLE:
Alongside a very competitive salary, you will be able to take advantage of a great package. We offer complimentary tickets for each race day that you can give to friends or family, discounts in selected stores on Ascot High Street, as well as Pension Scheme and Life Assurance. We are also keen to support employees with opportunities to grow and develop within Ascot Racecourse.
Ascot Racecourse is an English racecourse, located in the village of Ascot, Berkshire, used for thoroughbred horse racing. It is one of the leading racecourses in the United Kingdom, hosting 9 of the UK's 32 annual Group 1 races.