IPC Executive Office Assistant (f/m)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Summer and Winter Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic aspiration and values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Executive Office Assistant (f/m) in a multi-cultural, international team at the IPC headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
These will be your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage appointments and agenda of the IPC Chief Executive Officer in absence of the CEO Assistant (in the afternoons and during days off)
- Assist the Executive Office team in daily e-mail communication and correspondence
- Support the Executive Office team in travel management and meeting preparations
- Coordinate the preparation of IPC Governing Board Papers in cooperation with relevant IPC departments
- Coordinate the budget planning and corporation planning processes within the Executive Office
- Manage the in-house invoices and contacts databases for the Executive Office
- Coordinate the reappointments of Standing and Sport Technical Committees
- Prepare and coordinate IPC attendance at the annual Sport Accord Convention
- Coordinate internally the IPC representation on IOC Commissions (appointments, reports etc.)
- Support the Executive Office team in further tasks as required
You should meet our requirements:
You must be a highly passionate individual who is inspired by the Paralympic Movement and who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced environment.
Furthermore, you should:
- have a formation in administration, office support or another relevant field
- have at least three years of work experience in an international organisation in a similar function
- have excellent organisational and communication skills
- have general interest in international sport and the Paralympic Movement
- have a proven ability to meet deadlines and multitask in a busy environment
- pay attention to detail and work accurately
- be independent, resourceful and adaptable
- be able to work effectively as a team member
- be computer literate in MS Office programmes (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- have excellent English verbal and written skills (knowledge of other languages is an advantage)
- be willing to travel internationally to major events, if required
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English as pdf-file via the provided 'APPLY' button by 05 June 2017.
Please state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We are looking forward to your application!
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.