National Coach Developer
|Location||Home based, UK|
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
Help us develop the world’s best sporting education system and contribute to winning a World Cup.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of developing and delivering first class education at our world-leading training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the FA Education Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
The FA Professional Game Coach Development Team supports the development of world-class coaches in professional football clubs. This is a critical part of The FA’s qualification and professional development pathway for coaches. The NCD programme provides support through the development of UEFA B Licence, UEFA A Licence, FA Advanced Youth Award and UEFA Pro Licence Qualifications. In addition to this, CPD with regional and national delivery, support and assessment provision with the objective to enhance the Coach Development CPD provision at Levels 3, 4 and 5 within the Professional Game.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To support the delivery of UEFA A Licence, Advanced Youth Award and UEFA Pro Licence courses and on-going CPD nationally and regionally
- To contribute to development at Levels 4 and 5 of coaches working within the Academy and/or Senior areas of the Professional Game
- To develop and deliver content for The FA UEFA Licensed CPD provision
- To identify and support the development of UEFA B/Level 3 and UEFA A/Level 4 & UEFA Pro Licence/Level 5 Tutors
- To actively provide opportunities to enhance the diversity targets for all Level 4 & 5 qualifications for coaches and tutors working within the Professional game
- To promote and help evolve the England DNA coaching & playing philosophy for player and coach development
- To contribute to the strategic direction of The FA Technical Directorate, supporting the delivery of strategic milestones and goals
- Lead and/or contribute to research into targeted subject areas to help support the Professional game.
*As part of this role it is expected the NCD will work extensively at weekends and evenings to provide support for the professional game coach workforce as required.
You will hold a minimum of UEFA A Coaching Licence and/or FA Advanced Youth Award and possess considerable experience in coach and player development in Professional football, ideally having experience as an FA Licensed Tutor. You will also have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the collaborative stakeholder relationships required to support the Professional Game.
You will have the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience in building and maintaining strong long-lasting stakeholder relationships
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
- Considerable experience in Coach/Player Development in Professional football (U9s-U23s and or Senior Football)
- Experience of developing young Player/Coach –related programme
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and to build effective/collaborative internal relationships
- A modern, progressive approach to coaching and learning
- Empathy of the needs of young players with the ability to “connect” with and enthuse/inspire them Knowledge of how to structure practice to facilitate learning and development
- Must be familiar with and supportive of current FA philosophy regarding the development of the young player as outlined in The England DNA.
- Knowledge of Coaching pathways and qualifications
- Knowledge of current issues that impact upon the development of our young players (in all 4 corners)
- Ability to facilitate, individual, small and large group sessions effectively
- Ability to influence and persuade individuals and groups with clear, well researched, well thought out views consistent with FA strategy on player and coach development
- Ability to engage and motivate both adult coaches and young players during practical demonstration
- Demonstrates an understanding of reflective learning (Plan-Do-Review)
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and IT
A modern, progressive approach to coaching and learning is critical to the role as well as a deep knowledge and understanding of elite multidisciplinary issues and environments.
You will have excellent communication skills, be well organised with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Finally you will be able to mix practical delivery with the coordination and management of networks, working with key stakeholders. Working from a remote base there will be a need to work extensively at weekends and in the evenings.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to our education programme, please get in touch.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Geoff.Pike@TheFA.com
This is a full time home based role and a competitive salary, attractive benefits and job need car are on offer to the successful candidate.
To apply please follow the link below.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 24th May 2017. Please note that final interviews will be held at St George’s Park, Burton upon Trent in the weeks commencing 29th May & 5th June 2017.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.