World Series of Curling Project Manager
The World Curling Federation (WCF) is the International Federation responsible for the organisation of the Olympic Winter Sport of curling. With 56 members spread across the world, the WCF leads the development of curling through a varied programme of international competitions, education and support programmes. The WCF is also responsible for the Paralympic Winter Sport of Wheelchair Curling.
Following next year’s Olympic Games in Korea the WCF will launch a brand new competition format, currently under the working title of the “World Series of Curling”. At this initial stage this will be a four event series specifically designed for broadcasting. The World Series of Curling will be spread across the world and will bring together the World’s top curlers in a competition designed to increase the profile of the sport and provide additional high level competitive opportunities.
The WCF is a Swiss-registered company with its administrative office in Perth, Scotland. This position would be based at the Perth Offices but would require the successful candidate to undertake significant travel (up to 60 days a year) and irregular working hours to support the work of the Federation at events worldwide.
The Project Manager will be responsible for and provide leadership and coordination for the new World Series of Curling with the scope of work including the following:
- The Project Manager is expected to be responsible for the management of all operations, marketing and events related topics of the World Series of Curling;
- The Project Manager has to ensure that World Series/events are delivered to the highest possible standard;
- The Project Manager will lead a small group of full time staff and contractors to deliver the World Series
- Liaising with Host Cities, Local Organising Committees, the WCF’s Marketing Partner Infront Sports & Media AG, Marketing Partners (on-site implementation) and any other stakeholders;
- Conducting pre-World Series/event site-visits (including managing all necessary documentation);
- Planning, coordinating and overseeing of on-site team staff and contractors;
- Developing and reviewing any World Series/event planning and implementation documentation together with the Local Organising Committees;
- Planning, coordinating and overseeing the arena Marketing Partner advertising production and implementation as well as any other contractual obligations (such as on-site activities, hospitality, commercial displays, commercial video, etc.) of the Marketing Partners;
- Planning, coordinating and overseeing any VIP guest activities/hospitality;
- Reporting to the Steering Group on progress and developments in the World Series;
- Overseeing the finances for the World Series/events and ensuring it is delivered on time and on budget (full budget responsibility);
- Motivating and developing a team of professionals;
- Subscribing to a strong leadership philosophy and culture and providing professional skills in the management of the team;
- Ensuring highest professionalism and market leading standards in the delivery of services and products as well as client relations;
- Supporting (if required) in areas beyond the job description
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a sports or management related discipline
- 7-10 years’ experience in a sports or events related position
- Previous experience in a functional leadership, deliverable coordinator, or Project Manager capacity
- Experience in Broadcasting could be an advantage, but is not a requirement
- Previous curling experience can be an advantage, but is not a requirement
- Additional language skills an advantage, but is not a requirement
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong attitude toward high quality, excellence in delivery and ‘client-first’ thinking (external and internal)
- Understanding of the challenges of delivering events in different cultural environments
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to set and meet personal deadlines and adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment, experience in coordinating teams
- Ability to write technical and procedural documentation
- Self-motivated, with minimal supervision
- Ability to gain the cooperation of a variety of stakeholders and clients
- Travel is a requirement
How to apply:
For this full-time position, applicants should indicate their salary expectations on their letter of application. The actual salary will be dependent on the experience of the candidate.
Applications should be in the form of a CV and covering letter outlining the candidate’s suitability for the post.
Applications should be submitted by email via the APPLY button provided.