England Development Performance Doctors (Men’s & Women’s Teams)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Medicine & Science, Doctor, Sport & Exercise Science Services|
Win the World Cups in 2022 and 2023 and sustained success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams. Over the next 3 years we are building the team at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
Overview of the role:
The primary objective of the role is to support the delivery of a world leading Performance Medicine service to England Development teams. This service will support the Coaching and Talent Identification processes and will provide performance advantages through optimal availability of players.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional Sport and Exercise Medicine services across Men’s and/or Women’s Development Teams as required.
- In accordance with the Football Association Performance Medical Strategy, delivery of world class Sport and Exercise Medicine services to specific Development teams as required. This will include travelling nationally and internationally with teams, providing medical care and match cover for tournaments and training camp.
- Close working relationships with the National coaches and support staff to ensure a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach at all times
- Attend Consultant development days throughout the year to ensure a aligned delivery across the pathways
- When not on camp/competitions remain engaged and reachable via email/phone with the full time FA Performance team.
What we are looking for:
- GMC registered
- Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Experience as a Team Doctor in Elite Sport
- Excellent academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Experience in Musculoskeletal Medicine and Primary Care
- Emergency Pitchside Care Qualification (AREA / ATMMiF or equivalent)
- Track record of successfully integrating into established and developing coaching team
- Excellent planning and communication skills with experience in leading and participating in multi-disciplinary teams.
In addition, candidates would ideally possess the following:
- Member or Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Experience travelling abroad with teams
- Experience in International or Club Football
You will also demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders. You will display behaviours to maintain and enhance good relationships which will help develop The FA’s positive professional profile across the business and wider industry.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact email@example.com
To apply please follow the provided link.
Please note that applications made by email will not be accepted. The FA only accepts applications made via the careers website.
Please note that interviews will be held at St. George’s Park near Burton-Upon-Trent on 16th, 17th or 18th of June. Should you be shortlisted, you will need to attend on one of these dates.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.