The International Hockey Federation (FIH) is seeking to appoint a Technology Director who is ready to enter the fast-paced world of hockey and demonstrate the FIH core values of being inclusive, optimistic, progressive and dynamic.
With 137 member National Associations and millions of fans around the world, hockey enjoys a strong global profile and following. You will become part of a talented team aiming to build upon this exposure with a mission to grow the game globally through targeted development work as part of FIH’s dynamic 10-year ‘Hockey Revolution’ strategy.
With further game-changing developments in the pipeline, including the introduction of a new portfolio of events in 2019, it is certainly an exciting time to be joining the FIH.
The successful applicant will lead the FIH Technology team, reporting directly to the FIH CEO. The Technology Director is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all technology operations and devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of the strategy.
Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all technology operations and devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of the strategy. Directs the efforts of the technology staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the rest of the Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive technology strategy
- Develop a staged IT road map for the implementation of the technology strategy
- Oversee all technology operations and evaluate them according to established goals
- Review and enhance IT policies and systems to support the implementation of the Hockey Revolution strategy
- Procure with the technology Director’s delegated authority efficient and cost effective technological solutions
- Identify the need for upgrades, configures or new systems and report to the CEO and Executive Board
- Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase safety
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and digital function
- Develop a comprehensive data strategy is association with key uses in the Sport, Events and Marketing and Communications deportments
- Assess and recommend and implement the data road map as part of the overall Technology plan
- Responsible for the achievement of Technology goals and objectives, within budget
- Work with the leadership team to develop and maintain strategic perspective in organizational direction and decision-making
- Ensure effective management within the technology function
Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years’ management experience in an IT environment
- Experience providing IT solutions in a sports and/or events environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Leadership qualities, with character and a sense of humour and well presented
- Capable of setting high standards of professionalism
- Strategic thinker, capable of contributing to the big picture
- High level of honesty and integrity, discrete and ethical
- Highly organized approach to work, ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence
- Strong negotiation, conflict management and problem solving skills
- Provide managerial and administrative leadership, capable of building a high performing team
The position is full-time, based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Some travel required.
Start date 1st September 2017 or TBD.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send your CV by 5th June 2017.
The FIH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for the position will be contacted.