Marketing & Communications Director
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) is seeking to appoint a Marketing & Communications Director who is ready to enter the fast-paced world of hockey and demonstrate the FIH core values of being inclusive, optimistic, progressive and dynamic.
With 137 member National Associations and millions of fans around the world, hockey enjoys a strong global profile and following. You will become part of a talented team aiming to build upon this exposure with a mission to grow the game globally through targeted development work as part of FIH’s dynamic 10-year ‘Hockey Revolution’ strategy.
With further game-changing developments in the pipeline, including the introduction of a new portfolio of events in 2019, it is certainly an exciting time to be joining the FIH.
The successful applicant will lead the FIH Marketing and Communications teams, reporting directly to the FIH CEO. Marketing & Communications is responsible for all marketing campaigns, communications activities, digital and social media activities, international relations, event on-site media operations, image and branding….
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all the FIH’s marketing strategies, marketing communications and public relations activities both external and internal.
Directs the efforts of the marketing and communications staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the rest of the Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities:
- Responsible for creating, implementing and monitoring the FIH marketing and communications strategy to raise the profile, engage and grow the sport.
- Responsible for widening the FIHs international influence through high quality stakeholder engagement, PR and international relations activities
- Responsible for ensuring that hockey is a leading sport that meets ambitious targets in terms of online presence, fan experience and digital communities
- Drive strategy behind website, social media and new technology platforms to ensure that we remain number one choice for hockey content
- Implement highly recognizable brands that deliver a compelling global image and significantly increase market share
- Direct campaigns for FIH events and activities through FIH owned channels and partner channels
- Develop ongoing consumer insights programme to inform decision making and measure progress
- Broaden relationships with media and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure seamless and positive communication between the FIH and these groups
- Responsible for the achievement of Marketing and Communications goals objectives, within budget
- Work with the leadership team to develop and maintain strategic perspective (based on marketplace needs and satisfaction) in organizational direction and decision-making
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and digital function
- Lead and manage agencies and freelance resources
Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience, skills and knowledge of marketing, communications and digital at a strategic level.
- Comprehensive understanding of power of content (video, data, etc)
- Strong track record of establishing and managing brands
- Proven experience of risk and reputation communication management and working with international media, both re-actively and proactively
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials, digital materials and publications
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Travel is required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Leadership qualities, with character and a sense of humour and well presented
- Capable of setting high standards of professionalism
- Strategic thinker, capable of contributing to the big picture
- Highly creative
- High level of honesty and integrity, discrete and ethical
- Highly organized approach to work, ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence
- Strong negotiation, conflict management and problem solving skills
- Positive, flexible and optimistic approach, able to quickly adapt to the changing nature of work
- Well-organized, strong time management skills
- Provide managerial and administrative leadership, capable of building a high performing team
The position is full-time, based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Some travel required.
Start date 1st September 2017 or TBD.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send your CV by 5th June 2017.
The FIH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for the position will be contacted.