SweetSpot Group, the organisers of the Tour of Britain and The Women’s Tour cycle races and other leading cycling events, are looking to recruit a key team member to join their busy commercial department.
The role presents an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work in the sports events industry for a leading UK company with a wide portfolio of major cycling activities.
The role will be full timed based at SweetSpot’s Surrey offices and involves significant on event work throughout 2017 and beyond, including some weekends.
Purpose of the Role
- The role of the Account Manager is to lead the relationship with our sponsors in order to create partnerships that achieve SweetSpot and some of sponsor objectives to enable the retention of sponsors, and ideally the expansion of their involvement with our events.
- To ensure that the delivery of sponsor’s rights is fulfilled and excelled.
- To generate additional income through activating new sponsors and generating incremental spend of an existing sponsor, as well as removing cost from SweetSpot through VIK partnerships.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own, manage and cultivate the on-going relationship with designated sponsors, utilising other SweetSpot departments as appropriate.
- Identify and agree sponsor’s objectives
- Develop and implement contact strategy for sponsor. Weekly contact as minimum
- Maintain written records of agreements and discussions
- Effectively manage the delivery of the sponsor’s contract including leading on delivering all commercial rights at the events
- Proactively work with sponsor’s to identify additional opportunities to deliver against sponsor objectives, within SweetSpot financial and technical requirements
- Identify ways to extend sponsors partnerships for example increased rights, VIK provision, activation etc
- Assisting with development of sales collateral
- Ensure invoicing and payment is in line with contract
- Identify and prospect new potential partners to generate additional income and / or VIK as required
- Identification of new rights that can be commericalised
- Support the Commercial Team with any additional duties that may be required across the department
- Represent SweetSpot professionally and in accordance with a World Class sporting event at all times
- Previous experience of working in a commercial/client facing environment required (2- 3 years’ experience preferable)
- Experience of working within a professional sporting environment is advantageous
- Project management experience is advantageous with clear evidence of delivery within structured timescales
- Knowledge of the cycling industry is advantageous, but not essential
- Excellent inter-personal skills and an open, consultative approach to working with colleagues, stakeholders and partners
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong organisational, budgetary and time management skills with a very high level of attention to detail
- Fast thinker / problem solver
- Ability to quickly generate credibility and confidence amongst peers, other colleagues and commercial partners
- Project Management skills
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and copy of your current C.V
Closing date for applications is 22nd May 2017. Please state your availability and salary expectations in your covering letter.