Senior Manager Accommodation
|Sector||Federations & LOCs, Venues & Suppliers|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Events & Operations, Event Planning & Competition Management|
|Salary||Competitive, plus benefits and relocation support|
Senior Manager Accommodation will lead the Accommodation Functional Area and will be responsible for defining and procuring accommodation suppliers in the city of Ashgabat and providing accommodation to the major Games Client Groups (OCA, NOCs, IFs, Media, Marketing Partners) during the Games Time complying with the high standards and requirements as per the Host City Contract. Senior Manager Accommodation will have particular focus on the Games Family Hotel, facilitating the relationship between the OCA Family and the GFH. Senior Manager Accommodation will also manage multiple other hotel and client relationships to ensure service levels are met.
It is essential to this role that the successful candidate has previous games experience in order to thoroughly understand the importance of the different client groups and how to manage the relationships.
Overview: Ashgabat, Turkmenistan will host the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games (AIMAG 2017) and has contracted “Trivandi Chanzo Ltd” to act as the advising/supporting entity for the Games. The overall aim of delivering the “best ever” AIMAG.
- Lead and manage the Accommodation Functional Area
- Be the first point of contact for all OCA Family accommodation enquiries
- Develop an understanding of accommodation obligations, key milestones and major processes
- Assist with the GFH Operational planning process
- Develop all necessary supporting documentation, including Venue Operations Manuals for the Games Family Hotel
- Prepare and conduct internal and external presentations
- Manage the accommodation/transport/arrivals & departures desk in the Games Family Hotel
- Identify the Games hotels and the overall inventory volume on the local market
- Liaise with the Technology team and software supplier to scope, develop, test and deliver the Reservation system.
- Develop and produce reports required for managing or monitoring room allocations, costs, rooming lists, payments, room releases.
- Become the main point of contact within the TAD and other client owning FAs
- Handle Clients’ booking requests and allocate them in the system.
- Coordinate hotels with invoicing process and invoicing timelines.
- Ensure invoices are correct and sent to respective client groups in good time whilst keeping the system finance details up to date.
- Liaise with clients and hotels to help on any issues with the usage of the system interfaces.
- Draft System User Guidelines for external users (clients and hotels).
- Liaise with clients regarding any of their outstanding payments.
- Liaise with hotels regarding any clients’ underpayments or overpayments.
- Handle clients’ last minute reservations/changes and input them into the system.
Key Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous knowledge of hotel event management
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Experience of working on multifaceted projects, demonstrating good attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Experience of organising major sports events
- Ability to build working relationships with other departments and to communicate effectively
- Experience with dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Previous experience in managing hotels is an advantage
Trivandi Chanzo Limited (TCL) is the Operational Delivery Partner for the 5th Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games taking place in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, in September 2017. TCL is a joint venture founded by two former Directors of the London 2012 Orga...