Olympic Resources Accreditation Coordinator
|Sector||Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Events & Operations|
Discovery Eurosport has secured the rights from the International Olympic Committee to manage the distribution within Europe of the 2018 – 2024 Olympic Games. Discovery Eurosport is seeking to appoint an Olympic Resource Operations Coordinator who will assist in delivering requirements for the project on behalf of Discovery Eurosport. The role will report to the Senior Manager, Olympic Resource Operations.
The Olympic Resource Operations and Accreditation Coordinator will focus on the development and oversight of Discovery’s games management system which will facilitate the on-boarding, payment and accreditation processes.
- Become familiar with the complete on boarding process, understanding the different hiring requirements for all workers across international markets, including those local to host country, and employee types.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the GMS, with particular focus on the on-boarding and payment process for personnel.
- Support the local hiring managers in recruiting the relevant staff and processing correctly through the GMS, acting as first point of call for any system issues.
- Issue regular status reports to all relevant stakeholders to maintain hiring momentum and ensure recruitment deadlines are achieved.
- Become familiar with the complete accreditation process as stipulated by the local organising committee. Liaise with IOC, OCOG and OBS as necessary.
- With the Senior Manager, Olympic Resource Operations, manage the submission of all accreditation applications, ensuring compliance with the deadlines and requirements specified by the local organising committee.
- Manage the validation of all applicable data for accreditation within the GMS.
- With the Senior Manager, Olympic Resource Operations, draw up and implement an accreditation plan for RT distribution and instructions for the processing of credentials.
- Support the Senior Manager, Olympic Resource Operations, in the set-up and management of an Accreditation Office within the IBC. Included in the work of this office will be the overseeing and distribution of the IBC Guest Pass request process. The Accreditation Office will also handle Discovery Eurosport visitor passes.
- Support the facilitation of payroll processes as initiated through the games management system and other internal systems.
- Experience working with large teams on the on boarding of personnel for major international events.
- Experience using a games/workforce management system (GMS).
- Recent experience and knowledge of the international broadcast industry, as well as Olympic or multi-sport events.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Excellent organisational / administrative skills.
- Willingness to travel and work from the host country for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when required.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages, especially Korean, may be useful.
Eurosport is today Europe's leading sports entertainment group. Eurosport is broadcast in 20 languages reaching 120 million homes and 240 million viewers across 59 countries.