Knowledge & Insight Analyst
The Football Foundation is the country's largest sports charity. It funds the improvement of public sports facilities across the country – especially grassroots football facilities - with investment provided by the Premier League, The FA and the Government. Since it was launched in 2000, the Foundation has awarded around 15,000 grants worth £580m towards improving grassroots sport, which it has used to attract additional partnership funding of just under £800m – over £1.4bn of investment into the grassroots game.
This exciting role will be vital in ensuring that the Foundation can demonstrate the impact its investment is making and provide clear visibility of performance to enable the organisation to operate effectively as possible. Working in the Information Systems department, the successful candidate will work within a team of analysts to provide accessible management information and insight to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies. The Knowledge & Insight Analysts are responsible for reporting against Operational and Strategic Performance Indicators to ensure the Foundation is successfully delivering against its strategy. They also manage and enhance the Monitoring and Evaluation process which all funded projects undertake.
The right candidate will use their experience of utilising information systems to optimise the Foundations’ project management and performance information, whilst also being able to perform in-depth analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, and produce detailed reports outlining key findings. The role will undertake evaluation of projects’ progress towards their aims and objectives as well as contributing to wider thematic evaluation intended to help inform future policy and knowledge. The post holder will be working amongst a team of four to facilitate a vital function within the Football Foundation to analyse and utilise valuable management and grant based information.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent ICT skills, with expert knowledge of MS Excel a must. Experience of SQL databases and tableau desirable.
- Ability to analyse complex data and present the analysis in clear, understandable terms to senior management.
- An eye for identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong time and capacity management skills with very good attention to detail.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject matter (Business Analysis, Statistics or similar discipline), or equivalent by experience.
- Ability to lead on distinct projects, liaising with both internal and external members of staff.
- Applying the relevant skills in a business environment.
- Establishing reporting mechanisms for performance indicators.
- Analysis of business data, and report writing for management.
- Familiar with developing tools to analyse and report on data for business intelligence.
- Experience of improving the efficiency of processes.
This is an exciting opportunity within the Football Foundation to make a real difference to grassroots football. The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a team player, willing to play their part in an exciting environment.
To apply, please view the job description and person specification at www.footballfoundation.org.uk/about-us/jobs/ and send your CV and covering letter (one-page of A4), stating why you think you would be suitable for the role via the APPLY button.
The closing date for applications is 11:59 on Monday 01 May 2017.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 16 May and Friday 19 May 2017.