IPC Classification Co-ordinator (f/m)
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations, Medicine & Science|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling para-athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. The IPC aims to make for a more inclusive society for people with an impairment through para-sport and promotes the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Classification Co-ordinator (f/m) in a multicultural and international team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
Reporting to the IPC Medical & Scientific Director, these will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting the IPC Membership in retrieving compliance with the IPC Classification Code
- Developing strategies for facilitating national classification and classification development initiatives
- Assisting the coordination of classification research initiatives
- Facilitating the implementation of classification rules and regulations in IPC Sports in accordance with the IPC Classification Code
- Co-ordinating classification opportunities in IPC Sports and classifier training initiatives (in co-operation with the IPC Sports and the IPC Academy)
- Co-ordinating classification activities at IPC Major Events and Paralympic Games
- Supporting the activities of the IPC Classification Committee
You should meet our requirements:
- Graduate degree or equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, operate with limited supervision and multitask in a fast changing environment, including during occasional weekend work and business trips
- Strong interest in sports science and/or sports medicine
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Good communication skills and excellent verbal and written command in English (knowledge in other languages is a plus)
- Detail-oriented and meticulous work manner
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meet our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English to via the apply button by 10 March 2017.
Please also state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We look forward to your application!
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.