Professor (m/f) in Sport Management
The Faculty of Management at the newly founded International University of Health, Exercise and Sports in Differdange, Luxembourg opens applications for a full-time, tenured position in the area of International Sport Management. The appointment will be at the rank of Professor and will start September 1, 2017. The position requires investing in the development, planning and leadership of the department. In a first phase, main professional activities will be focused on the teaching programs of the Faculty. The successful candidate will teach under-graduate and graduate level courses related to International Sport Management. Furthermore, this position will require the development of and participation in the research activities established in collaboration with our partners. This position offers excellent opportunities to take part in the development of a young dynamic university with high ambitions in sport-related education and research with international and multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Candidates must have a PhD (or equivalent) in an area relevant to the position. Furthermore, a post-doc experience of mini-mally 2 years is required. Assistant Professors and Associate Professors with the required experience are being considered.
In rating competent applicants, the following will be emphasized:
- Relevance and scope of teaching and supervisory experience
- Quality, relevance and scope of scientific work
- Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Documented knowledge of research methods in sport management
- Documented grants and funding experience
- Other documented qualifications relevant for the position (presentations at scientific events and/or congresses, public communications, …)
- Experience in international collaborative projects
- Experience in application of the theoretical backgrounds of sport management to the field
- Management experience
- Excellent language skills in English, German is considered to be an advantage
- Personal suitability
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal presentation and discussion (more details will be sent in due course).
LUNEX University pursues a policy of equal opportunity and diversity