Manager, International Federation Relations
The European Regional Office is WADA’s primary point of contact with IFs, IF umbrella organizations, as well as sports and public authorities in Europe. The office is also responsible for organizing and leading the annual WADA Symposium.
The Manager, International Federation (IF) Relations contributes to the development of effective IF Anti-Doping programs that are compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code. As one of the two main points of contact for IF Anti-Doping personnel, together with the other WADA IF Relations Manager, he/she is responsible for providing support and advice to approximately one hundred IFs and umbrella organizations on all operational and technical matters related to the development of their Anti-Doping activities, in line with WADA’s program objectives and in collaboration with the second IF Relations Manager.
- Ensure a mutual understanding between IFs and WADA by getting a full and accurate understanding of each IF’s structure, functioning, specificities, challenges, and perspectives.
- Provide proactive and on-demand operational and technical support in all areas of IF Anti-Doping programs (e.g. World Anti-Doping Code compliance, education, results management, therapeutic use exemptions, whereabouts, Athlete Biological Passport) with the support of the IF Relations Director and other WADA departments. Support includes informing and training IFs about their responsibilities, explaining rules and general orientations in Anti-Doping, responding promptly to questions, and assisting with practical and efficient implementation of those requirements.
- Upon request, represent WADA at various events where IFs are represented.
- Collect and centralize accurate and updated information on IFs for internal WADA use.
- Organize, coordinate and initiate projects with a worldwide network of IF Anti-Doping contacts to foster their integration to the Anti-Doping community (e.g. along with National and Regional Anti-Doping Organizations).
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant WADA colleagues and departments and umbrella organizations as relevant (e.g. SportAccord Doping-Free Sport Unit, ASOIF, AIOWF, ARISF, AIMS), as well as other organizations related to IFs (e.g. IOC, IPC, IWGA) for project coordination and to ensure that consistent messages and information are delivered to the IFs.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of useful WADA resources, programs and tools for IFs.
- Contribute to the preparation and organization of the annual WADA Symposium.
- Support the IF Relations Director in IF relation activities when required and delegated by the Director.
Required experience & skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of international sport.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in international relations, law, politics, management, sport or journalism.
- Relevant experience and knowledge in the field of Anti-Doping.
- Bilingual French and English, excellent written and oral skills in both languages required. Other languages an asset.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capacity to develop and maintain constructive and lasting relationships with stakeholders.
- High level problem-solving skills.
- Autonomy and sense of organization and prioritization.
- Speed, efficiency, and flexibility in executing tasks.
- Fit with culture and organization values: teamwork and passion for sport.
- General knowledge of ADAMS an asset.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations.