Director of Operations
The UIAA – International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation – is looking for a Director of Operations for its headquarters located in Bern, Switzerland. The successful candidate will report to the UIAA Executive Board (EB) and be responsible for the overall coordination of the UIAA’s activities, lead and manage the office staff, work with the Management Committee and various commissions.
To apply please send your cv together with a cover letter stating your credentials for the role.
Starting date: June 1st, 2017
- Manage and coordinate the work of UIAA staff in Bern and abroad.
- Assist the work of UIAA commissions and the implementation of projects identified in the UIAA’s Strategic Plan 2017-2020
- Be an effective liaison between different UIAA entities – staff, the Executive Board, Commission presidents and the Management Committee
- Assist the Accountant and the Treasurer in the preparation of budgets and financial reports
- Prepare and deliver sponsor proposals and regular reports as required by the EB
- Management of core UIAA events and meetings (General Assembly, Management Committee meetings…)
Experience and skills:
- Must have at least five years’ experience in a management role, preferably in an organization with volunteers and related to sport or an NGO
- Be a team player who acts and operates as one of the office team
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to lead, develop and supervise a professional work plan for UIAA staff
- Comfortable working in a global environment and a strong communicator with experience of working with federations and NGOs, Executive Boards, diverse management structures, volunteers, international sport organisations and sponsors
- Be results oriented and possess excellent organization, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to both multi-task and identify priorities at any given time
- Excellent English, with German or French an asset. Other languages a bonus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent computer skills (notably content management systems and Microsoft Office programs)
- Expertise in the digital environment, experience in updating WordPress-based websites, in communicating across diverse social media channels and an understanding of core distribution tools
- Proven track record of successfully enticing sponsors and fulfilling sponsor requirements
- Knowledge and interest in climbing and mountaineering world an asset. Likewise, experience in the international sporting world
Please send your covering letter and cv via the 'APPLY' button and address your application to UIAA President Frits Vrijlandt.