Head of Sportcal Media
Sportcal is seeking an enthusiastic individual with proven experience in the sports media industry to oversee the successful functioning of the media research and intelligence team.
Sportcal has been at the forefront of sports market intelligence for more than 25 years with offices in London, Glasgow and Lausanne. We deliver unrivalled sports analysis and insight to our range of global clients, assisting them in better understanding and exploiting commercial pressures and market trends.
The Head of Sportcal Media will drive the growth of the media research products and services.
Sportcal Media provides data and intelligence on the sports media market to a varied, global client base. The Head of Sportcal Media must demonstrate an exceptional knowledge of the sports media market. Strong writing and editorial skills are essential for the role, which will also involve analysing media markets and developments in the sector.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate between the media research team and the news, sales and IT departments to ensure the maximum efficiency and productivity of the team and business.
The Head of Sportcal Media will be required to represent the company in meetings with clients and non-clients to improve or maintain business relationships, source information from the sports business market, raise awareness of Sportcal media research and gather feedback for the development of the section.
Research and Analysis:
- Research and analyse the latest news and developments in the media rights, broadcast and telecoms industries
- Create media market analysis across 200+ territories as part of our Media Landscape
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver high quality data and analysis for clients
- Help clients with queries regarding sports media rights
- Assist in keeping the media content updated in the database
- Build and maintain industry relationships
- Coordinate bespoke projects for clients
- Produce market insight reports
Team Management and Strategy:
- Monitor, manage and improve work flow system
- Monitor and manage team work distribution and functionality
- Provide ideas for developing research products, oversee and encourage new developments
- Attend conferences and external meetings to develop relationships within the market
- Administrative support (in recruitment, team development and/or appraisals)
- Work on bespoke projects for clients and produce market insight reports
- Analyse sports data in the database to improve quality and quantity of information produced on the website as well as to develop ideas for analysis reports and/or bespoke research that could add value to the service
Experience and skills:
- 7-15 years previous experience in sports industry, ideally working within a broadcast or media research environment
- Experience in secondary and primary research
- Exceptional understanding of the workings of the global media rights and/or telecoms sectors
- High quality editorial and reporting skills
- A knack for analysing data to discover new insights and stories
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely with senior management and clients
- Excellent time management, organisation skills and attention to detail
- Business management and strategic skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Coaching and mentoring abilities
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter via the provided link.