|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Finance & Procurement, Legal, IT, HR, Finance & Procurement|
Project Wyatt is a strategic RFU initiative aimed at delivering a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solution for the business. Started in September 2015, the project has already delivered a new Oracle Cloud HCM system. The next phase will see the replacement of the RFUs legacy Finance, Procurement and Expenses systems expected to go live over the next six months.
The project is a key element of the RFUs strategic plan to achieve operational excellence and drive high standards across the organisation. It will reduce administrative burden through process automation and system integration, improve controls and decision-making through better management information, and deliver an intuitive and easily accessible solution for end users across the entire business.
The role of the Systems Analyst will be to successfully support Finance and HR on a daily basis to administer the system in line with the constant changes across our business, resolve queries and create targeted reporting for our stakeholders. Identifying opportunities for enhancing reporting and optimising the use of the system at all times will be key success factors of the role.
Report building and enhancing
- Build and maintain complex OTBI, BI Publisher, SmartView and Financial Reporting Studio reports across HR and Finance.
- Resolve queries on existing out of the box reports
- Work with teams to enhance useful existing out of the box reports
- Help manage the implementation of Hyperion tool in the next stage of the project
Data integrity and administration
- Maintain user profiles, permissions and roles
- Maintain Chart of Accounts, reporting frameworks and hierarchies to guard one version of the truth across Finance and HCM modules.
- Perform periodic quality checks on data to ensure accuracy, identify risks and work with team to propose and implement solutions.
- Proactively manage and resolve data related risks, issues and dependencies.
- Provide user training on reporting tools across Finance and HR.
- Identify or gather information on system or user weaknesses and develop a toolkit to inform HR and Finance colleagues of techniques in using the system optimally.
- Feedback any user errors in a constructive manner to the target group or relevant business partner with proposed solutions.
- Seek out Best Practice by linking up to external support networks and benchmarking processes with system users across other businesses.
- Work collaboratively with internal Finance, HR and IT stakeholders
- Work proactively with third parties i.e. Certus and Oracle
- Be a central part of planning and carrying out Oracle Cloud Upgrades by ensuring the impacts on Finance and HR are understood
- Planning and carrying out User Acceptance Testing
- Maintain systems configuration documentation, ensuring that it accurately reflects current systems design and processes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Oracle Fusion Finance, HR and Payroll
- Oracle financial reporting tools OTBI, BI Publisher (running SQL Queries), Smartview and Financial Reporting Suite and ideally also, Hyperion, Oracle HCM and Taleo.
- Good knowledge of integrated HR, Finance and Procurement systems interfaced with other sub-systems.
- Strong accounting background with an understanding of procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report and fixed assets processes and controls.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Proactive, pragmatic and results-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to accurately collate and report on significant amounts of information from a variety of sources
- Work with users at a variety of levels
Rugby Football Union (RFU)
The Rugby Football Union is the national governing body for grassroots and elite rugby in England, with 1,900 autonomous rugby clubs in its membership.The clubs are grouped within 35 Constituent Bodies (CBs), comprised of counties - some individual,