Assistant Account Manager (Internship)
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events management company specializing in professional sailing and outdoor sports (running, trail running, triathlon and cycling). In the meantime, OC Sport manages competitive teams and provides consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in France, Switzerland, the UK, USA and China, form the OC Sport Group.
OC Sport Outdoor Events are a growing portfolio including market leading cycling and running events as well as triathlon.
Launched in 2011, the Haute Route offers amateur riders the chance to ‘ride like a pro’ across the most iconic cols in the world (Dolomites, Pyrenees, Alps, Rockies, Alpe d’Huez, Ventoux). The Haute Route is a market leader and has an ambitious growth strategy over the next five years. See www.hauteroute.org
Reporting directly to the Outdoor Events Sponsorship Executive to support various activities and develop your own skills, the role specifically includes, but is not restricted to, the following:
- Execute delivery of commercial rights at Haute Route 2017 events: on-site branding, pre-event communications, activations and closing reports
- Assist Account Manager in day-to-day sponsors servicing
- Support the team in preparation of presentations and ensuring proposals are convincing and professional
- Deliver pragmatic and manageable solutions for sponsors to facilitate their activations
- Research on sponsors best practices and industry benchmark
- Updating key processes used by the team
- Answering phone and dealing with general office administration
- Attend some of OC Sport’s events to assist the Team
This list is not exhaustive and you will be required to manage any reasonable tasks when required.
- EU or Swiss National, or a relevant work permit
- Ability to lead relationships with sponsors and manage expectations
- Excellent organizational skills and self-motivated personality with the ability to work with tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively
- Love of sport and outdoor events is essential!
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
- Good knowledge of sports and the sports marketing industry especially in outdoor sports (cycling and running) will be an asset
- Must have fluent English with fluent French desirable
- The knowledge of a third language will be an asset
- Able to take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team
- Good knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, Keynote/Mac) etc
- Driving license would be desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
- “Convention de stage” or formal agreement through your educational provider is mandatory
- You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF
- 20 working days holiday for a 12-month internship, this holiday entitlement would be pro-rated to 10 days for a 6-month internship
- For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on train tickets (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm, but during the events or busy periods, you may be expected to work evenings and weekends
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current company policies
How to Apply?
Simply email your application (CV / cover letter) in English via the apply button.
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports ranging from running, cycling, to more extreme sports including adventure racing and trail running.