PR & Communications Manager
As Virgin group’s latest pioneering technology project, DS Virgin Racing is at the forefront of technology development and innovation within Formula E. Through this project, we aim to make the world a better place and ultimately positively impact peoples’ lives, so for us, Formula E and all of our efforts around it have a much bigger role to play in driving tech and the discussion around future mobility, forward.
Virgin has been joined by blue-chip brands DS Automobiles, Hewlett Packard Enterprise & Total, and will be joined by more very shortly, and so as the team prepares to enter the second part of Season 3 of the championship, and as the team and series and the messaging around both develop, we wish to appoint a dynamic and skilled PR & Communications Manager who can help ensure the team remains at the forefront of the sport from a PR & Communications perspective, both in terms of traditional and social media.
The team is seeking an experienced and passionate individual to become its PR & Communications Manager. He/she will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and shall be responsible for handling the team’s PR & Communications function, all of which is handled in house at the moment (albeit we may appoint an external agency to handle/support on some aspects shortly).
Requirements for the position:
- Previous experience in PR & Communications within a global sporting series or team.
- High level of creativity around PR & Communications programmes, particularly in relation to content generation
- Excellent strategic thought capability particularly in relation to messaging both from an internal team perspective, and externally
- Excellent written communications skills (English as a first language, other languages such as French beneficial but not essential)
- Highly skilled across social media in terms of content generation, strategy, analytics and reporting
- Willingness to travel extensively as well as maintain long and at times variable working hours when in London
- Positive and proactive attitude towards delivering value to media and team partners
- A warm, engaging personality and customer focused approach
- Highly organised and ability to plan and document such in advance accordingly
- Motorsport experience highly preferable
- Manage all team social media platforms, including following social media trends and setting up new platforms when required
- Implementation and management of brand guidelines
- Ability to work well under pressure in intense environments to a tight deadline
- Acting under strategic guidance of the team CMO but very much with own strategic message generation capabilities
- Increased regularity of posting and the ability to bring the team’s personality to life through social media
- Website management and updates including all content updates including media imagery
- Ability to provide the commercial team with example articles and statistics up request
- Fan base building and interaction
- Press Officer duties at all races and tests maintaining excellent relationships with Formula E and other teams
- Content hosting/creation
- Main liaison with agency on pro-active PR
- Generation of regular media impact reports
- Driver Management at races and events, or at least overseeing support Executive’s management of such
- Management of the team’s MailChimp account for partner, fan and Virgin newsletters including addressing firewall issues when necessary and list management
- Use of Gorkana for creation of bespoke distribution lists per territory and when required amending the language of templates
- CMS Management
- Powerpoint / Keynote for presentations and reporting (post-event)
- Understanding of media reporting and tracking
- Excellent and diverse writing skills for newsletters, press releases and blogs
- Skilled archiving, most likely on Google Drive (or similar) so the whole team can access media files when needed
Competitive depending on capabilities and experience
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and portfolio via the APPLY button.