Join the Altius team
Respected specialists with a proud reputation for delivering high quality services to its clients, Altius are a London-based commercial and sponsorship consultancy working primarily across sport.
Founded in 2012, Altius focus on providing strategic support to rights holders on how to maximise commercial incomes and manage and develop their brands. Since 2013 Altius have more than doubled turnover each year.
Currently, our two principal clients are British Cycling - for whom we designed and delivered the HSBC UK deal which began in January 2017 - and Saracens – the European and Premiership champions - for whom we manage all commercial and sales activities. We also work across a range of other sporting clients and properties on both a project as well as retained basis.
In order to strengthen our experienced team, Altius are keen to attract a highly motivated professional with a passion for sales and developing new business. This full-time position will be located at our London office and will report directly into the Senior Partner.
The purpose of the role
Working closely with the Altius team to deliver new commercial revenues for Altius clients. To lead on market engagement in sourcing new sponsors and brand partners to purchase the available and pre-agreed rights from our key clients.
- Demonstrable track record in selling commercial rights to brands and sponsors
- Demonstrable experience of identifying potential commercial opportunities and delivering these as part of the commercial strategy
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial / contract law and experience of negotiating and formalising contracts
- Knowledge and understanding of effective negotiation techniques
- Proven ability to work at a senior level internally and with critical external stakeholders, particularly within the private sector
- Strong personal communication (both verbal and written) and presentational skills, to quickly establish credibility
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to gather market intelligence / research and develop into actionable sales strategy
- Ability to build relationships at a senior level
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of the sports sponsorship industry
- Graduate calibre: a degree in a business related subject e.g. Commerce / Marketing is desirable but significant experience (see below) would be acceptable
- Strong industry and commercial experience
- High proficiency in full suite of Microsoft Office software
To apply for the role of Commercial Manager at Altius, please submit your expression of interest and your CV via the APPLY button.