Protocol Events Assistant
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Events & Operations|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and has the responsibility to promote and develop the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International team.
Wembley Stadium is a 90,000 capacity multi-purpose venue that hosts events such as England Senior
Men’s internationals, The FA Cup Final, NFL International Series, Rugby League Challenge cup Final and large scale concerts plus many more events.
This role is to give administrative and operational support in the planning and delivery of The FA’s VIP hospitality programme at Wembley Stadium and external venues.
- Assist with distribution of invitations and collating responses, managing and processing data accurately.
- Assist with the formulation and management of multiple event guest lists and protocol requirements, liaising with other departments and key external stakeholders as necessary.
- Guest communication, providing a high level of customer service and managing requests.
- Coordination of match day briefings, print materials, accreditation requests and match day run sheets.
- Ticket allocation, accurate packing and distribution.
- Raising purchase orders and other ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Communication with caterers, service providers and suppliers regarding production and delivery.
- Providing key support to the Protocol & Royal Box Manager on match day, assisting with the setup of hospitality spaces, finalising guest lists, seating and table plans.
- Ad hoc match day tasks including guest meet and greet, managing last minute changes.
- Liaison with other departments to ensure hospitality areas are presented to the highest standard including facilities and logistics.
- Wider support to the Events Team managing FA events on the road, site visits and liaison with host club and venue staff.
- Supporting delivery of all FA hospitality at England Home matches away from Wembley including Player’s Lounge, VVIP and VIP guests and box holders.
- Assisting in the development of operational plans, ticket allocation and space management at external venues.
- Assistance at other Wembley functions including event owner hospitality and pitch days.
- Develop a good understanding of FA Protocol.
- Provide a professional and appropriate level of customer service to VIP guests on match day.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and telephone skills
- Ability to be professional and discreet when dealing with high profile guests
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Able to multitask and prioritise
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Experience working within a hospitality/events environment
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 19th February 2017.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.