Head of Participation
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development, Academy, Community & Development|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The Head of Participation will create, implement, monitor and evaluate The FA’s strategy for retaining and growing football participation. You’ll lead The FA’s partnership with Sport England and other key national partners to grow and develop the game, whilst developing high quality, insight led programmes, resources and support services to County FAs and key external delivery partners.
- Create, implement, monitor and evaluate the strategy to grow and retain participation in mini-soccer, youth male and female, adult male and female, male and female disability, small-sided and recreational football; Create and deliver a robust plan to double female participation by 2020;
- Create and deliver a robust plan to double female participation by 2020;
- Ensure The FA develops world leading, innovative, player and consumer focussed participation programmes to deliver the targets within The FA’s Strategic Plan;
- Lead, motivate, develop and support the Participation team ensuring everyone has clear objectives, targets and learning and development plans;
- Track the delivery of FA participation targets highlighting what has been achieved, the targets that are behind schedule, and the reasons for any discrepancies;
- Build effective relationships with the Premier League, English Football League, Sport England, UK Sport, County Sports Partnership Network and other key national partners to help grow and develop the game;
- Implement a player focused and age appropriate playing and competitions strategy across youth football;
- Maximise commercial and other partner investment into the game
- Manage the participation budgets and report on return on investment.
- Support the implementation of a Marketing and Communications plan to deliver targets and programmes;
- Provide reports to the FA National Game Board and Football Development Committee as required;
The ideal candidate will:
- Proven leadership and management skills at a national level within Sport Development
- Extensive understanding of the national, regional and local sporting landscape in England
- Knowledge of all aspects of sport / football development
- Understanding and proven experience in leading and implementing change management
- Track record of developing and delivering high quality programmes and support services
- Detail focused problem solver
- Proven track record of delivering results within established targets
- Experience of developing successful partnerships and securing investment
- Experience of financial planning and budget management
- Analytical, numerate and fiscally responsible
- Commitment to sports equality and an ability to gain ‘buy in’ to equality objectives
- Knowledge of barriers facing under-represented groups
How to Apply:
For any additional information on this role please contact George Williams or Will Gurton on 0207 569 9555 at The Miles Partnership.
To apply, please send your CV and cover note expressing your motivation in applying for the role via the provided link.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.