Client Retention Manager
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors, Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Commercial Sales & Sponsorship|
|Salary||Competitive base salary + OTE package|
We are looking for a talented and motivated account management professional to support our fast-growing international client portfolio in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries around.
The sports industry is now a truly global business with GlobalSportsJobs firmly positioned as the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform across Europe, The Middle East and Asia partnering sports organisations looking to either sustain or accelerate growth in both their local and international markets. Our four digital platforms (English, French, German and Mandarin) provide clients with the opportunity to engage directly with 200,000+ professionals across all functions and sectors.
The role is about…
Looking after our international portfolio of 80+ clients such as the NBA, UEFA, ICC, ECB, World Rugby, Eurosport, Sky Sports, Octagon, Omnicom, The FA and Hong Kong Jockey Club to name but a few. Many of our current clients have been with us since we began the business and come from across all sectors of the international sports industry including federations, local organising committees, agencies, broadcasters, clubs, teams and leagues, venues, and sporting goods.
We really don’t like losing clients, but we do occasionally and usually for reasons beyond our control. However we never want to lose a client for reasons that our within our control and therefore this role is to ensure that this doesn’t happen by providing our clients with an exceptional and unrivalled level of service.
You have proven experience in…
- Partnering and ensuring the long-term success of clients by building and maintaining strong, long-lasting relationships.
- Maintaining and growing existing client relationships by being the point of contact for all matters specific to your clients.
- Producing high-quality recommendations that presents our value proposition in an effective and inspiring manner.
- Negotiating and closing annual digital media and talent licence client renewals.
- Mangaging and developing team members.
- Ensuring timely and successful delivery of our solutions and make recommendations for additional services according to customer needs and objectives.
- Taking initiatives in client satisfaction via process improvement plans and efficient reporting.
- Identifying and removing any barriers to the client’s use of the service and to proactively seek ways to increase a client’s engagement to better meet their needs.
- Forecasting and tracking of all account metrics from job posting performance to employer branding engagement.
- Being responsible and providing creative solutions for high severity requests or issue escalations.
- Leveraging reporting tools in salesforce, providing accurate perspective of accounts.
- Developing strategic partnerships with external organisations to further strengthen your service offering to existing clients.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and the competitive marketplace.
You are someone that brings…
- 5 years of experience with proven track record of successfully managing, retaining and growing business from a wide portfolio of clients ideally but not necessarily from within the sports industry.
- An in-depth understanding of the challenges that can arise with a creative, educational and consultative solutions approach in delivering exceptional service to a broad range of clients at each touch point.
- The ability to work independently and think strategically regarding client account retention and development.
- An uncompromising attention to detail and a data-driven analytical approach.
- Team management experience.
- Fluency in written and verbal English with a second language desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and Salesforce.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence with credibility and effectiveness at all levels of our client’s organisations, including executive and C-level.
- A strong understanding of the digital landscape and the ability to learn quickly and be a quick adopter of new technologies.
- A self-starter ability with a self-organising mind-set.
- An innovative and proactive approach to working
- A passion for the business of sport.
GlobalSportsJobs is the leading specialist digital media and talent acquisition platform for the international sports industry, helping organisations across all sectors source a greater quality and diversity of talent.