National Referee Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Coaching & Sports Development|
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
To provide the resources and technical support to enable CFAs to recruit, retain and develop a network of diverse and qualified referees for every affiliated game and embed targeted programmes to widen diversity and deliver female and BAME inclusion targets
Key responsibilities include:
- To analyse, implement and advance best practice strategies to recruit, retain and develop male and female referees (including BAME) for all types of football;
- To develop and produce programmes and provide high quality inclusive resources to enable County FA RDOs to recruit, retain and develop referees;
- To develop training resources to assist CFAs to improve refereeing standards throughout the game;
- To enhance the use of technology across the referee workforce;
- To oversee and assist CFAs with the development of referee academies and other development groups;
- To produce and develop processes to better capture and examine data relating to the recruitment, retention and development of referees and match coverage;
- To act as a link between Refereeing department and the Participation and Development Division.
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a referee educator and developer
- Knowledge and experience of the barriers to inclusion for women, ethnic minorities and disabled peoples in refereeing
- Capable of influencing a diverse set of stakeholders including volunteers
- Understanding of grassroots football
- Understanding of how CFAs and Leagues recruit and administer referees
- Excellent administration skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office
- Experience of working as a referee would be an advantage
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The Football Association (FA)
The Football Association was founded in 1863 as the governing body of the game in England. The FA is responsible for all regulatory aspects of the game of football in England.