Race Director - Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
- Leading Sydney based Yacht Club
- Oversee all yachting activities & 2IC
The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club (RPAYC) is a busy and friendly yacht racing and sailing club in the heart of Newport on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Based on Pittwater, the RPAYC is one of Australia’s premier Yacht Clubs, delivering one of the most comprehensive sailing and training programs.
The RPAYC offers members and their guests one of the finest facilities in Australia; with state-of-the-art floating marina accommodating up to 352 vessels, a modern boat yard with 50 tonne travel lift, two hard stand areas, on-site marine services, tender service, gymnasium, multi-level secure parking, a-la-carte restaurant, casual waterfront bistro and first class function facilities that have made it an International talking point.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Race Director is a newly created senior position within the RPAYC. The role provides key advice to management and committees as well as mentoring support to members and volunteers in order to deliver “Excellence in Sailing” across all programs, ensuring race management is delivered to a world-class standard and participation in sailing is maximised.
The Race Director is responsible for driving the RPAYC forward while creating and delivering innovative programs, services and events to further build the RPAYC’s reputation as a leader in the sport of yachting. As Race Director you will have authority over all operational aspects of the RPAYC as it relates to member participation in sailing, including:
- Overseeing all RPAYC member sailing activities by coordinating operations and ensuring appropriate service is provided to sailors taking into account the operational and financial implications
- Champion members’ sailing interests within the RPAYC by maintaining open communication channels to monitor needs, listen to feedback and identify opportunities to grow participation in a sustainable manner
- As the RPAYC Principal Race Officer, oversee all aspects of yacht racing events and ensuring race management is delivered to a world class standard, taking in to account participant needs and feedback, risk management and monitoring race management delivery
- Ensuring the RPAYC effectively attends to all its responsibilities as the Organising Authority
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in the delivery of race management
In addition, the role will assist the General Manager in achieving the overall goals of the RPAYC, taking on the role of second in charge supported by a strong administrative and communications team.
This role would suit candidates with significant international yacht racing experience and a thorough knowledge of (and network of connections in) the international yachting industry. While Club experience is not required, senior management experience (in any industry) is essential, as is the ability to build relationships and elicit cooperation from a range of stakeholders, including a passionate group of members and volunteers.
Candidates must have a sailing pedigree to ensure on-water credibility with the stakeholder group. Equally, we are looking for candidates with the ability to effortlessly communicate with members, listening to their concerns and quickly responding to feedback through the creation and delivery of innovative and meaningful services, activities and events.