Sportcal has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to sell B2B data and research services to the global sports market.
Sportcal has been at the forefront of sports market intelligence for over 25 years with offices in London, Glasgow and Lausanne. Following significant investment in product development we are ready to increase our sales resource to rapidly expand the global reach of our sports market intelligence service.
Sportcal is the essential resource for anyone in the business of sport; what makes Sportcal unique is that all our customers subscribe. We work with a vast array of organisations across the globe including sports governing bodies, event organisers, governmental agencies, broadcasters, sports marketing agencies, TV distributors and sponsors. Over 95% of these customers renew every year. Our news, analysis and research services are used every day by the leading names in sport and our customers find their subscription invaluable.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be tasked with increasing annual subscription revenues though new business sales. You must therefore have a genuine desire and passion for selling; you’ll love engaging with new people and driving sales; you’ll find targets motivating as meeting these will be a key part of your role.
Your goal is to build strong relationships and open doors to more contacts and opportunities. You should have an ability to gain trust, understand business objectives and translate customer needs into solution requirements.
This means you will need good analytical abilities to understand complex markets and be able to write clear recommendations and business proposals to a broad group of sport industry executives. Your ability to communicate at senior level with gravitas and professionalism is therefore vital.
What we expect of you:
You will need to be a self-starter capable of managing several projects, having the confidence to source and establish new business opportunities.
In order to deliver value to Sportcal’s clients you will need to have a clear understanding of how and why Sportcal is used so you will undertake your own research to establish this.
Fundamental to this role is the ability to learn quickly and the desire to provide best in class products and services to customers. This requires a high level of energy as well as strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Subscription sales of online sports market intelligence services
- Develop and implement a detailed sales plan for your territory
- Source new business leads and diligently follow up on all leads generated via website
- Accurately forecast sales for each quarter based on a clear understanding of your pipeline
- Understand the value and usage in the data and services that Sportcal delivers to its clients and how their business will benefit from using them
- Conduct online demonstrations that clearly match clients’ needs with the Sportcal platform
- Be a trusted advisor in the market and to use this position to drive sales volume and value
- Ensure that you exceed your sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Feed in to product development process with feedback from the market
- Retain strong productive relationships with all internal teams to drive revenue growth
- Maintain a good working knowledge of our competition and ensure you are able to clearly and succinctly position Sportcal’s strengths against them
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 years’ previous experience in B2B sales
- Proven track record of consistently achieving and out-performing sales targets
- Be comfortable with actively using phone, email and online demo tools to engage clients and close deals
- Excellent communication skills to include verbal, written and presentation
- Strength in working in a small team as well as independently