Junior Project Manager/ Operations Supervisor (GER)
Tough Mudder’s mission is to grow a global tribe that lives courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun. From day one, we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, bringing on quirky people who are great at what they do and passionate about our events and customers. Together we have created a company that has become a movement. In just six years, we've had over 2.5M people participate, opened international offices in the UK and Australia, fundraised over $12M for charities and had over 10,000 people get Tough Mudder tattoos. The opportunity ahead of us is vast, and we continue to look for the best, brightest and most badass to join us.
The Operations Supervisor will be based in the Tough Mudder London office and will provide support to the Director of Operations and Events (GER) to deliver safe & profitable Tough Mudder events in Germany.
The Operations Supervisor (OS) will be responsible for specific elements of the operation and will work with a range of sub-contractors & internal partners to ensure these elements are provided safely, on schedule, in line with both scope & budget, and creating an amazing customer experience.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively in a business environment in both German & English.
Mudder Village design & management
- Design & manage the Mudder Village & other front of house elements such as camping sites & car parking facilities
- Recruit, brief & manage all relevant temporary event staff
- Identify, negotiate terms and contract suitable external vendors and service providers to deliver a high quality customer experience
- Identify and deliver revenue enhancing activities to drive on site expenditure
- Identify and deliver opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction through the Mudder Village experience
Event administration and vendor management
- Managing the relationship with multiple contractors
- Production of event specific briefing documents
- Purchase orders and other event documentation
- Ensuring financial control documents are up to date and accurate and assisting in post-event budget reconciliation
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Highly self-motivated and hard working with a clear focus on delivering results and achieving objectives
- Entrepreneurial who excels in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university
- 2-3 years of experience in event planning, mass participation events, or outdoor production is required
- Fluency in German and English in a business environment is essential
- Valid driver's license is required