Marketing Coordinator, Athlete Development
|Sector||Elite Performance & Coaching|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
A Wanda Sports Holdings company, IRONMAN operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, Iron Girl, IRONKIDS, six of nine International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the UCI Velothon Majors Series, mountain bike races, premier marathons and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than 680,000 participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. The iconic IRONMAN Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 260 events across 42 countries. IRONMAN’s mission is to provide life-changing race experiences for athletes of all levels, from their first step to the finish line. For more information, visit www.ironman.com
For our IRONMAN EMEA Headquarters in Liederbach am Taunus (near Frankfurt) we are actively looking for a highly motivated and energetic.
Reporting to the Senior Athlete Development Manager EMEA, the Marketing Coordinator will support the planning and implementation of IRONMAN athlete development and retention programs including but not limited to the IRONMAN TriClub Program and the IRONMAN All World Athlete Program within the EMEA Region. The Marketing Coordinator will also be included in the development of new programs focused on driving new athletes to all brands in the IRONMAN portfolio which include IRONMAN, IRONMAN 70.3, IRONMAN 5i50, ITU World Triathlon Series, Velothon and Marathon de Bordeaux.
- Assist in the management of the IRONMAN EMEA TriClub Program including:
- Communication with clubs and Athletes (Email, newsletter, phone, Webinars, onsite)
- Social Media (facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Communication with in market operations and marketing staff
- Onsite execution of the program at EMEA TriClub Championship Series events
- Day to day administration of the program
- Administrative work for IRONMAN All World Athlete Program including
- manage and merge Athlete profiles
- Email communication with Athletes
- organize and implement onsite AWA benefits together with local team
- Documentation of IRONMAN Athlete Development Activities
- University degree in marketing, sports business, communication, or related fields preferred
- One year of relevant work experience / internship
- Knowledge and interest in the sport of triathlon
- Good oral and written communication skills (Fluent in English required, German, French or other language preferred)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Design programs (Photoshop,Illustrator) a plus
- Willing to travel during the race season
A contract will be made on the basis of a full time employment. We are looking forward to receiving your application along with salary expectations and required notice period from current employment to IRONMAN.
You are interested?
Please apply via the online application form using the 'apply now' button.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
IRONMAN Limited are the organisers of IRONMAN events in the UK and Ireland.