Manager, PR & Athlete Marketing
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors|
|Function||Marketing & Communications|
Wasserman is a sports, entertainment, marketing and management company with expertise in marketing consulting, experiential marketing, athlete management and commercial partnerships.
The Wasserman Football division proudly represents hundreds of top football and boxing talent around the world, supporting their career, business and brand opportunities on a global scale. Built on integrity and a relentless pursuit of pushing what's possible for our clients, our expert team provides a full suite of services including negotiation, strategic partnerships, brand positioning, social Influence and career transitions.
This role is responsible for providing support to the PR & Athlete Marketing team within Global Football. Reports VP, PR & Athlete Marketing and ultimately, the COO of Global Football.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide all round PR, commercial and social media support to SVP PR & Athlete Marketing to assist in building and implementing marketing strategies for talent client base.
- Source sponsorship opportunities for Global Football clients.
- Build existing and develop new Wasserman brand & agency relationships.
- Prepare and deliver marketing presentations for clients as directed by SVP PR & Athlete Marketing.
- Implement marketing strategies as directed.
- Conduct research on competitive marketing activity to assist in strategy.
- Regularly update all written corporate brand materials to ensure consistency in messaging and brand identity.
- Provide all round PR support focusing on building pro-active and profile building talent PR strategies.
- Attend and help manage client appearances where required.
- Build existing and develop new strong journalist relationships within the football, sport, news and lifestyle media.
- Assist where required in press release writing and distribution for Global Football announcements where required, as well as talking points and pitches as required.
- Update press kit materials for the Wasserman corporate team where required and ensure consistent messaging across all internal and external marketing documents (external web site, sales and marketing materials).
- Provide social media support where required, including looking to source new digital monetization opportunities where possible.
- Provide all round general support where necessary to SVP, PR & Athlete Marketing.
- Performs other duties as required by the role to assist in the team efforts.
The above forms the main areas of responsibility for this role, but it is not exhaustive and it should be noted that duties may change over time, so the need for flexibility is key and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate with reasonable changes as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in PR and/or marketing.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience in lifestyle and entertainment public relations or marketing, either in-house or within an agency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010, Filemaker, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to synthesize keys points of information into a coherent message.
- Articulate with excellent communication and diplomacy skills.
- Professional, proactive work ethic and demeanour; both detail-oriented and goal-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a flexible manner within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a small team, demonstrate initiative, and problem solve.
- A creative thinker who is able to produce original ideas by thinking both laterally and literally.
- Proven networker with key industry contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective long term working relationships.
- Enjoy helping others and supporting the development of their ideas.
- Discreet with experience of working with high profile clients and handling sensitive information.
WASSERMAN is a full service, culture-centric agency built to serve the best talent, brands and properties in the world. We are united by our passion and belief in the power of culture.