IPC Digital Media Manager
|Sector||Federations & LOCs|
|Function||Business Development & Sales, Events & Operations, Marketing & Communications, Content & Media, Media Operations|
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games, and serves as International Federation for 10 sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions. The IPC is committed to enabling Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Digital Media Manager (f/m) at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting 1 April 2017 in a passionate European award winning in-house PR team.
You will report to the IPC Digital Media Senior Manager, these will be your tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement content plans and campaigns for a number of sports across multiple digital channels
- Act as the main digital media contact for non-IPC International Sport Federations and the 10 sports the IPC acts as International Federation for and liaise with Organising Committees of major sport Championships to share content
- Co-ordinate with non-IPC International Sport Federations to share content
- Develop social media posts such as Motivation Monday, Throwback Thursday, Trivia Tuesday, Happy Birthday graphics and work with volunteers to translate them
- Develop and implement influencer outreach
- Keep abreast of the latest social media developments and contribute accordingly to the strategic direction of IPC digital media
- Support in SEO projects, email marketing and video campaigns.
- Compile graphics, monitor social media, schedule social media posts, create video clips, and set up live streams in Digital Media Assistant’s absence
You should meet our requirements:
You must be a highly talented and enthusiastic individual who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced team responsible for promoting and raising awareness of the Paralympic Movement. Furthermore, you should fulfil these requirements:
- Three years’ experience in PR, communications, journalism, video production or social media management
- Have a keen interest in as well as advanced knowledge and experience with social media platforms
- Have a good knowledge and interest of sport
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have first-rate planning and organisational skills
- Be resourceful, pay attention to detail and be able to work equally as effectively independently or as part of a team
- Be creative, a quick learner and able to work to tight deadlines
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at a time, work flexible hours and be willing to travel
- Ideally have knowledge of video editing and Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, but training will also be provided
- Have fluent verbal and written command of the English language (knowledge of other languages, such as Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese or Korean is an advantage)
- Possess a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English to the IPC Human Resources Senior Manager Alexandra Schnurr the link provided by 23 January 2017.
Please state your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
We especially encourage individuals with impairments to apply.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or see detailed information on the IPC and the Paralympic Movement on our website under www.paralympic.org.
We are looking forward to your application!
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.